English National Ballet - Dust (live stream)

Really enjoyed this, but having seen the opening bit live at the gala, watching it on TV in broad daylight with kids interrupting is no replacement for live theatre... I also think that the way the opening was filmed didn't give the viewer a full opportunity to view the full impact of that piece of the choreography, with all of the connected, rippling arms.

I thought in particular the pas de deux between James Streeter and Tamara Rojo was stunning in its intensity.  Not a surprise, given these two great dance actors, but seeing it from close up only intensified the experience.  A shame that it came over so dark on my screen - hopefully with better ambient light it might have been more visible.  Do catch it before it goes off air - which I think is 8 pm tonight or thereabouts?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, alison said:

I thought in particular the pas de deux between James Streeter and Tamara Rojo was stunning in its intensity.  Not a surprise, given these two great dance actors, but seeing it from close up only intensified the experience.  A shame that it came over so dark on my screen - hopefully with better ambient light it might have been more visible.  Do catch it before it goes off air - which I think is 8 pm tonight or thereabouts?

Someone pointed me to the Glastonbury performance to look at.

Dust loses none of its power when viewed on a small screen in daylight.

What can I say, powerful and moving.  The duet between Tamara Rojo and James Streeter is incredibly intense and the end is heartbreaking.

Thanks to ENB for letting us watch Dust during this time of national emergency.

• Like 1