Paris Opera Ballet latest news from Paris

POB list of streaming performances, again apologies if this has already been posted I couldn't find it when I searched.

https://www.operadeparis.fr/en/news/performances-of-the-paris-opera-to-rediscover-online?fbclid=IwAR2897HpAQ5h9NiZPnN7BoT-1TQ0gfcv2arLRxKbXfmrtdug2UjEeoKXlYY

At the bottom of the page they say this: "Due to currently unreleased rights, some of these broadcasts are geo-blocked for some territories. The Paris Opera is working on enlarging its broadcasting area."

I also can't find a link to donate to POB, has anyone found one yet? If so could you post it, thanks

Edited by Janite

Thanks, Janite.  I thought they were big enough to warrant their own thread, so will now copy your post back into the lockdown suggestions thread.

Hoping they will be able to enlarge their broadcasting area as soon as possible.

And donation links are a good idea - thanks!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have just noticed that the Paris Opera Ballet Giselle now seems to be available on YouTube. It was blocked previously  from the streaming for anyone not in France.

I'm especially pleased as I had a ticket for the night when the ballet was due to be performed Live. Due to the dancers' strike that performance was cancelled, so what is shown is the previous filmed performance with the same cast (Gilbert/Ganio) as POB must film 2 performances like the Royal.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SheilaC said:

I have just noticed that the Paris Opera Ballet Giselle now seems to be available on YouTube. It was blocked previously  from the streaming for anyone not in France.

I'm especially pleased as I had a ticket for the night when the ballet was due to be performed Live. Due to the dancers' strike that performance was cancelled, so what is shown is the previous filmed performance with the same cast (Gilbert/Ganio) as POB must film 2 performances like the Royal.

it seems to be an illegal download though

• Jan McNulty changed the title to Paris Opera ballet latest news from Paris

I've just received an email from Paris Opera Ballet:

ONP
Message from Alexander Neef
to spectators of the Paris Opera

On the evening of 14 October, we received notification of the measures decided by the government in the light of the health situation, in particular the introduction of a curfew as of 9 p.m. in the Île-de-France region.

These decisions will have major consequences on the Paris Opera's performances over the coming days and weeks.

I wish to assure you from the outset that we are convinced of the importance of the performing arts in our individual and community lives and are committed to maintaining an offer that meets our audiences’ expectations.

We are therefore working on adapting our schedules: in particular the times at which performances begin.

We will inform you as soon as the complete arrangements are finalized.

All the Paris Opera’s teams are fully mobilised to meet this new challenge both for you and with you, in order to keep alive the unique link that brings artists and spectators together around our productions.

Thank you for your confidence.

Alexander Neef
Managing Director

• alison changed the title to Paris Opera Ballet latest news from Paris
On 16/10/2020 at 07:23, Janite said:

I hope for some streaming. 

Their Facebook page has certain streams.  Currently Hugo Marchand in 'A suite of dances' by Jerome Robbins, but I realise that Facebook is not favoured by many forum members

• Like 1