Molly Lake Award

JulieW

Good morning.

No,all the entrants danced their solos. There were 47 names in the programme although one or two didn't dance. Other finalists were, Rhys Yeomans, Drew Jackson, Lucy Renouf, Joseph ?????, Lucinda Strachen more! Sorry I don't have the programme any more, maybe someone one else could correct me?

• Like 2

The winner was indeed a very worthy winner and the standard was very high throughout. I don't think it should matter which school the winner comes from and I for one was pleased to see certain students make it through to the final.

Of course it does not matter which school the winner - or anyone else - attends but my personal view is that it is good to see schools other than the traditional top four classical schools having some success.

• Like 1

47, according to petit jete's post, above.

I am a little uncomfortable with the fact that the school of some of the students has been mentioned as it is perhaps without their permission. This is just like posting their address on the forum. Are the moderators OK with this?

• Like 1

I think that the students would have to get the schools permission for such a big and public competition as this. Are the schools printed alongside the entrants name, if so then I am sure that the student would have permission, if they were trying to hide what school they attended then they wouldnt enter it into the competition details.

• Like 1

I would imagine the finalists would welcome the publicity and I think that we all accept names are published when you enter competitions . I know that my dd's name has been posted on here before (not by me !) and I didn't have a problem with it as the results were merely copied and pasted from a RAD web page. Lil

• Like 2

Some of you will by now realise that I am a little pedantic but it is done with the best possible intentions! I have googled Molly Lake and the only mention of this years competition is the entry form and the postings on this site. The information is therefore not in the public domain. if details have already been published in an official capacity it is a little different and in some circumstances parents will have been asked if the agree to details being published.