RBS Spring intensive 2020

Bunny

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, junedancer said:

Did they not ask those attending to respond with regards to travel plans?  They will have made this decision off the back of this and other advice. Other Easter intensives may now follow their example.

There was a general email asking to report whether we had travelled to certain areas and to self isolate if so. 

41 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

They refunded the t-shirt money too. Makes me feel sad,

memories that won’t be made.

It is very sad. I hope they give your DC and the rest of those who have been disappointed priority for future events.

I suspect we will see more of this kind of thing before we see less unfortunately. I'm worried that a major youth sports event my son is meant to be participating in in May will be  cancelled as I have already paid for travel and accommodation. I doubt we will be able to get our money back for that if the event is off, only the entry fee. We've  also just heard that his (academic) school has cancelled all parents' meetings and sporting fixtures until further notice.We were supposed to be going to his year 9 parents' evening tomorrow. Fortunately he is already 100% clear on what GCSE options he wants to take but there will be other children who really needed the chance to talk things through with their teachers and children. We can request phone calls if needed - they are also doing interviews for 6th form places by phone - but its not quite the same in my opinion. I understand the rationale, and I am sure it wasn't a lighly taken decision,but if I had a child who was uncertain about their choices I would be worried.

@Pups_mum, my ds also just had a school trip to France cancelled (was looking forward to it since he joined the school) and sports fixtures. We are lucky to be healthy, I just can’t believe how bad the situation is and how much worse it will get. Also, his local ballet situation is not great so he could have really used the training from an intensive course and all 32 JA sessions.

• 1 month later...

The one year in ages when there’s a good likelihood of waitlist places becoming available & didn’t make the wait list!! (Really bad photos that didn’t look like her tbh....so knew it’d be a no when I did Form! Yet got wait list for Adv Assoc so clearly looked better in real life đŸ€Ł) 

So firstly đŸ€žđŸ»đŸ€žđŸ»all goes ahead & hope lots on here get happy news from wait list!