Lilian Hochhauser - interview in The Times

I was just going to say it's identical to the one that was in yesterday's Sunday Times - which is readable without a subscription, clicking in from the Links section on the forum.  I tried to go into the link above to check but I found you couldn't read the whole article without subscribing.

1 hour ago, jm365 said:

I was just going to say it's identical to the one that was in yesterday's Sunday Times - which is readable without a subscription, clicking in from the Links section on the forum.  I tried to go into the link above to check but I found you couldn't read the whole article without subscribing.

But be warned, the "share token" doesn't last that long - maybe a week.

Thanks for sharing, an interesting read. 

I particularly found the point about 'barely making a profit' interesting - if this is true I am sympathetic with the higher prices of seats (compared to RB) and it does make sense when (as Lilian points out) the dancers stay in hotels, and they have to bring over all the sets etc. Still means I can't afford/justify to go though (those prices for those seats, I'd rather see RB).

For those who couldn't read it the other interesting titbit is that she mentions due to stage work there won't be any company visiting next summer, but there is interest from the Mariinsky for the following year, so looks like the visits are set to continue in future, and Lilian certainly seems committed to doing so. 

• Like 5

On 23/07/2019 at 00:36, alison said:

That's very strange, Joan, since there are no restrictions on the link published on the Links page.

I was accessing it from my computer. Come to think of it it's happened several times from there. I've just tried accessing it now from my iPhone and the link worked fine so it I'll access links from my phone from now on. 

• Like 1