20% off San Francisco Ballet

That's pretty much standard at Sadler's Wells if you buy more than one programme. Most useful, though.

about time that someone mentioned the Sadler's Wells discount on the forum, in that case! :) Sometimes really useful info like this fails to get mentioned simply because people think everyone knows already. But they don't necessarily. Are there other discounts that are "pretty much standard" that it would be worth posting about?

For those of us of a certain age, London Colliseum usually do great senior (over 60 with ID) discounts on the day of performance - usually in the range of £15 - £30 - in person from 3 hours before. I always look at availabilty on the web and call ahead to ask if they will be doing them before travelling.

For the last couple of years the Coliseum has offered a 20% discount for Friends of BRB. This does not seem to have been widely publicised and I would not have known about it if a friend had not tipped me off. I don't get brochures from the Coli and I don't remember seeing it in any BRB literature.

I'm afraid that discounts at the Coli generally aren't very well publicised, which may be something to do with the fact that all the companies appearing at this venue are classed as visiting companies with the exception of English National Opera. I only know about the BRB family discounts from BRB's own literature which I receive through the post. I don't know if it comes from the Coliseum or from BRB direct. Discounts for ENB productions are hard to find out about. The Coli doesn't publicise them on its website as far as I can see. The ENB literature sometimes mentions discounts but it is easy to miss this information unless you read the literature really carefully. Sadler's Wells is to be applauded for publicising its discounts so clearly both on its website and in its literature.

Indeed it should. What happens if you actually buy 2 different ENB productions on the Coli website? Do you get the discount? I can't think that ENB's site actually mentions discounts - just links to the ENO website.

And how does the ROH stand up in this respect? I know it's rare, but they do have some performances for which children go half-price. I think Presumably those used to show up in the same way that student discounts did, but I don't know how it works with the new website.