NYCB in Copenhagen August 2018

I saw on New York City Ballet's website that they're performing in Copenhagen 15-19 August. There didn't seem to be a big announcement or press release, I just happened upon it and thought forum members might be interested. I've been desperate to see them and kicked myself for not seeing them in Paris, so I've got my tickets :D

They're doing 3 triple bills plus a gala. Tickets and info here:

https://www.tivoligardens.com/en/kultur+og+program/teater/2018/new+york+city+ballet

All Balanchine: Serenade, The Four Temperaments og Symphony in C. A programme dedicated to the company founder George Balanchine. The programme is accompanied by Tivoli Copenhagen Phil.

All Contemporary: Hallelujah Junction, After the Rain Pas de Deux, Pictures at an Exhibition og The Times are Racing. The programme consists of new works choreographed by Peter Martins, Christopher Wheeldon, Alexei Ratmansky and Justin Peck.

Classic New York City Ballet: Square Dance, Ash, In the Night, Tarantella, Symphony in Three Movements. A selection of classic and well-known works by the company. The programme is accompanied by Tivoli Copenhagen Phil.

Edited by nycitybird
  • Like 2

Thanks so for this NYCBird.  I would go but so many of the ballets are the same as in Paris the summer before last - (e.g., all the Balanchine and Ratmansky short of Square Dance which I do SOOOO love) and I saw all of those performances at that time.  If they were doing more than one Peck I'd be there. (Also you just know it will be more expensive in Denmark!!)  Moreover, I'm going to be in Paris for the Robbins Festival (25-30 June) where NYCB are doing a selection of Robbins pieces alongside ENB, MCB and PNB so that will allow me a certain - and happily different - fix :) 

You know, I think I just changed my mind.  It's been a while since I was in Copenhagen.  I would love to drop in again.  I'll go to the gala ... One night I can do :)  Let me know if you are there.  We can say hello :) 

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, nycitybird said:

I saw on New York City Ballet's website that they're performing in Copenhagen 15-19 August. There didn't seem to be a big announcement or press release, I just happened upon it and thought forum members might be interested. I've been desperate to see them and kicked myself for not seeing them in Paris, so I've got my tickets :D

Thanks so much for posting this.  I really, ridiculously want to go...it looks like a great programme!  

Did you buy the tickets from the website that you linked to?  I can't see any place to buy the tickets on the website, just the list of dates.  Am I just missing it?  It's been a long day...:lol:

• Like 1