I was delighted with POB's performance of Don Quixote last night, but imagine my delight when after the show Aurelie Dupont came on stage to promote Valentine Colasante to Etoile!! Valentine had just danced a fantastic Kitri with some amazing long balances so I was already impressed but so must the boss have been!! It was quite something to see. 

As I am currently still on the hoof my best photos of the occasion will have to wait but hopefully this gives you an idea.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Scarfie1/status/949423935862575104/photo/1

• Like 8

How wonderful to be there for the bestowal of that honour. I have always wanted to see that happen. Did you have a particular reason for choosing that particular performance.? Or was it just luck?

She was scheduled to dance one of the 'maids of honour'  that night but was co-opted for the role of Kitri instead as a last minute replacement for Amandine Albisson. 

I look forward to your photographs.

Edited by stucha
Remove repetition
  • Like 2

I saw Hernandez, too- but didn't see you!

I thought he did very well, his usual technical quality and charm and played with the humour very well. His partnership with Alice Renavand (one of my favourite POB etoiles, she has personality and style which were noticeable  even when she was in the corps) worked very well until the final grand pas de deux, when there was a near catastrophe at the start, but both pulled out the stops in the remaining solos and duet and ended in triumph. And Valentine Colasante danced, too- as the Street dancer.

• Like 1

Here are some photos of Valentine Colasante after DonQ on Friday 5/1/18 and her subsequent promotion:

DTNAEy3WAAAVVi3.jpg

Valentine with Karl Paquette - then Aurelie Dupont came on stage you can see her just far right of my photo below:-

DTNAHs3W0AAClJ5.jpg

A hug for Valentine from the boss!

DTNANg2X0AA6qtU.jpg

Gratitude and slight disbelief?!  An amazing end to a great performance.

DTNASJ_W4AMTogW.jpg

Edited by Don Q Fan
  • Like 5

I was not quite so impressed with the performance I saw the following night on 6/1/18 - whilst Isaac Hernandez was good, in comparison to Valentine Colasante I found Alice Renavand not quite as good a Kitri.  Anyway I got some nice photos at the end.  The performance was dedicated to Rudolf Nureyev as it was the 25th anniversary of his death to the day and the 222nd performance!  As it happened I had visited his grave the day before but has not known it was his anniversary.

DTNA-aiWAAAeinF.jpg

The Ensemble

DTNBER_W0AciEtz.jpg

Isaac Hernandez and Alice Renavand

DTNBBAWW0Acl9Zb.jpg

Edited by Don Q Fan
  • Like 6

thank you Aileen, I use a Digital Bridge Camera with a strong telephoto (50x) although the camera is wearing out a bit now!  I have to take a lot of photos to get one decent one as the distances I am sitting at usually at do not help! 

• Like 1