RAD Grade 7

balletbean

7 hours ago, Nicola H said:

presumably 'additional learning' for  the RAD would be a combination of  study (to  learn the stuff you need for the  questioning  and learn the vocab etc)  and  free work  but at a suitable level classes etc ?

I think it could just mean practice hours including at home 

40 minutes ago, annaliesey said:

I think it could just mean practice hours including at home 

I find it ironic that every year our dance school has a week of 'Grade School' in the school holidays before grade exams, where kids go every day Monday to Friday for an hour or two of practice (according to age/level). Yet for the vocational exams there are just one or two practices with the pianist. I suppose it's because they do three classes a week of the vocational work rather than one for the grades, but Grade School was always a really good 'last push' to polish their work for the exam.

On 1/9/2018 at 00:26, annaliesey said:

i still know of teachers where the vocational graded classes are by invite only. 

At my DD old dance school the vocational graded classes were invite only which created such a 'them and us' among the girls who although not necessarily the better dancers were teachers favourites and started before everybody else. These same girls got to go en pointe before everybody else too and some of them were only 10 years old at the time.

I am aware how this makes me sound but when my DD decided she wanted to quit that school and start another local one I was so relieved 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, beaglemum said:

At my DD old dance school the vocational graded classes were invite only which created such a 'them and us' among the girls who although not necessarily the better dancers were teachers favourites and started before everybody else. These same girls got to go en pointe before everybody else too and some of them were only 10 years old at the time.

I am aware how this makes me sound but when my DD decided she wanted to quit that school and start another local one I was so relieved 

Yes, same here. Dd went on pointe age 10 then when we went somewhere else the teacher took her off ... oh the shame! Haha but seriously it was the best thing for her for the sake of a few months.