Associates in the South

Lottylou

Hi,    Does anyone know of any associate programmes that run in the South of England (not in London) for a 13 year old DD?   I know about the London ones but wonder if there are any others further South.    Any help/advice appreciated.    Thanks

Hi, thanks for the info.   Will have a look at their websites - thankyou Jan for the links.    We're near Southampton.    There's just nothing based in this area - everything seems to be either central London based or further down in the West country.   Just exploring all our avenues before resorting to travelling long distances.   Thank you for all your help.  It's much appreciated.   

Lottylou, when my dd was doing the Tring Classical Ballet Academy, there were a couple of dancers who travelled from the south coast for the classes - and as there are only 6 sessions a term, they (and their driving parents!!) found it manageable.

Edited by taxi4ballet

Not local to you but Ballet Boost Associates takes place at the Rambert School between Twickenham and Richmond so the right side of London if you are coming from Southampton and there is plenty of free (street) parking.

9 hours ago, Lottylou said:

Hi, thanks for the info.   Will have a look at their websites - thankyou Jan for the links.    We're near Southampton.    There's just nothing based in this area - everything seems to be either central London based or further down in the West country.   Just exploring all our avenues before resorting to travelling long distances.   Thank you for all your help.  It's much appreciated.   

The royal ballet junior associate has a centre in Eastleigh x

Hi,

I did wonder about Tring or Ballet Boost.   I need to find out a little more about each.   Do you know if there is any funding help with Ballet Boost?    I believe Ballet Boost used to be monthly on a Sunday but has now increased to fortnightly - is this correct?  Do you know if they only audition once per year for September start?   Any advice appreciated.   Unfortunately Lottie77, the Eastleigh RBSA are for younger students only.  This would have been perfect.    Keep ideas coming please...

Thanks

• Like 1

@Emma northmore runs Ballet Boost and is probably best placed to respond. There is a great deal of information on the website including term dates for next year (from Sept). It is twice a month but not necessarily every fortnight if you see what I mean. I think there have been a couple of auditions this year plus the occasional in class assessment. Both DD1 and DD2 have been attending since January along with a number of their class mates from their regular dance school and we are looking forward to watching them all in a couple of weeks ?

• Like 1