The Netherlands goes Trump

Melody

Sometimes you just have to laugh.

A Dutch TV station has created a wonderful spoof tourism ad for The Netherlands, written in terms that Donald Trump would understand and appreciate.

Edited by Melody
  • Like 14

I wonder what Melania Trump will make of the Bakewell tarts. Apparently, the Donald is getting a ceremonial Scottish drinking cup. Lots of love from Theresa.

It must be difficult to know what to give people who have everything. They will already have attics full of unwanted gifts. It has been intriguing over the years, to see who gets what, whether it is a genuinely thoughtful gift, one making a political point or the first bit of old tat they could find without having to make an effort. Those last two are very often the same thing!

Edited by Jacqueline

I would love to know what was in that Tiffany box that Melania gave to Michelle!

Yes, there has been much speculation as to the contents of that gift box. People have been dispatched to Tiffany's to see what they can find that would fit - two possibilities are a silver photo frame or tray. Dull but quite likely. I wonder if they were engraved! I can't imagine Melania herself actually traipsing round looking for a suitable gift. Perhaps she just had an empty Tiffany box and bunged something in it on her way out the door that day. There seem to be more than enough high class artifacts in the Tower to choose from.