Cathy Marston to make Dangerous Liaisons for RDB

Next season's programme for the Royal Danish Ballet is being announced right now - it includes Wheeldon's Alice and a new piece by Wayne McGregor, and also a new full-length version of Dangerous Liaisons by Cathy Marston, who has made work for other groups in Denmark but never for the RDB itself. Next season looks much more interesting than this one, with Jewels and a re-run of the new Swan Lake as well as a couple of triple bills. There's also a new Giselle...

Jane:  Excellent news, and that's a story in which Cathy should be able to set some very interesting PDDs!  As you infer, this commission probably arises from the one-act pieces that she has created for recent Copenhagen summer festivals.  (I know I should leave it alone, that it was all 10+ years ago and that things have probably worked out for the best, but it's hard not to keep remembering that those years in-residence at the ROH resulted in not a step for the main stage.)

I'm also excited about the possibility to see Cathy Marston's ballet in Denmark! As well as generally satisfied about the next season's content in RDB.

However there are still some interesting performances in the coming months in Denmark : "Don Quixote", for instance - and on the 7th of May Osiel Gouneo from the Norwegian ballet should dance Basil ! Also, "Come fly away" of Twyla Tharp or the free concerts of the RDB dancers all over Danmark in June and in July the concerts of so called Verdensballetten where the majority of dancers come from ROH:

http://verdensballet.dk/en/about-verdensballetten/ .