Legat School, Sussex

Bean73

Hi. My daughter is interested in auditioning for the legat school in Sussex. Can anyone provide information about this school? How many year 9 pupils are on role ; how hard is it to get a place and any scholarship information?

Thanks

Dear Bean7,

My DD auditioned for a 6th form place so I dont have information about the grade 9s but I can speak generally about the school. The school has amazing facilities both sporting and for the arts. The boarding houses are beautiful and there is clearly a close family relationship between the house parents and the sudents. We were shown round by some lovely grade 10 girls who made DD feel comfortable and welcome. The head of dance is/was (I'm not sure if shes still there) Elaine Holland who has an excellent reputation. Dance department is fairly small but my impression was very good, they have a dance physio on staff etc. We loved the school and DD was offered a place but the scholarship is only a small and a couple of years ago there were no bursaries so it was out of our price range. If we could have afforded it DD would have gone because she actually liked it better than Tring Park and The Hammond where she was also offered places because of the additional facilities like the music (she is also a talented musician). I cannot reccomend it enough, it is a lovely school if you can afford it!

Hope this helps

Dramascientist

My dd attended 6th form and left the year after Elaine Holland started - so 1 year with her.  She didn't board so I can't comment on the boarding facilities but everything else was top notch. None of her boarding friends complained. Elaine Holland is superb and I can't speak highly enough, the teaching is of a very high standard.  There is a lovely atmosphere around the school and a very caring environment.

Not much use to you but I attended Legat many (many) years ago when it was based up in Rotherfield and not associated with Bedes.
The school then was wonderful and I have many many happy memories (and great training)
Just been looking at it for my son (can't get the website to load properly and have emailed them for information - but its on my sisters doorstep so might get her to pop along for me :D)