RBS Auditions 2016

Squeaky

I'm not sure you've been given accurate information balletqueen. Did you receive a welcome pack from RBS? My DD started MAs last week and we received a handbook back in June. The handbook states that assessments take place and you are offered a place for a further year if the assessment is satisfactory - application forms are not required. I hope that helps, I'm sure it's the same for all MAs wherever you attend the classes.

• Like 2

Danceintherain, I think I have the handbook on email attachment. It was a lady at upper school who I dpoke to, she told me it was the only fair way to do it by making everyone apply again. I'm just filling in the white lodge form too so wasn't sure whether to tick MA and white lodge or just white lodge. Maybe when we start on sat I can ask.

Yes, the handbook states that current MA's are assessed yearly. I really hope there was maybe a bit of miscommunication with the receptionist. I could do with a year off! Whether it's called an audition or an assessment they've still got to meet the RBS criteria to carry on haven't they? Let's not go giving anyone any new ideas though :-) sssh!!!

My DS also just started MA having moved up from JA. My understanding is that we don't have to re-apply to move up to the next year (i.e. fill out the forms all over again); the assessment process takes place as part of the course (though the actual assessment is not on a class day but i think usually a week day). All centres have different assessment dates, I think some are April and some are May.