Summer School for 11 year old girl

spanishballeteacher

Hi all!

Was just wondering if there are any summer ballet programs of reasonable price for an 11 year old girl around grade 5/6 level and has just started pointe work?

During last two weeks in August either London or Wales?

Im a ballet teacher in Spain and have an english pupil who is going to uk in summer and doesnt want to miss ballet!!

Many Thanks!!

Tricky because all the London summer schools I know - including London Children's Ballet and Natalia Kremen - are in July. Many summer schools in the UK are at the end of July or beginning of August. The only one I know later in August and can highly recommend is in Harpenden Summer Dance School in Hertfordshire - which is in easy reach of London by train but is not in London.

If Wales is a possibility, it may be worth looking at both Ballet Cymru and Bristol Russian Ballet School, who I believe both offer excellent summer schools but I don't know whether they are in July or August.

• Like 1

Bristol Russian Ballet Summer School are doing an Easter Intensive Ballet Course from 29th March - 2nd April for Intermediate - Advanced Ballet students.

Their Summer school dates are 23rd August - 27th August for Intermediate - Advanced students. Subjects taught are: Ballet technique, Repertoire variation, Character Dance, Pas de deux.

21st July - 24th July for Pre-Intermediate - Intermediate students. Subjects taught are: Ballet class, Variation, Character Dance, Acting Skills.

Limited places available for all courses.

For more information see their website www.bristolrussianballetschool.com or contact by email: info@bristolrussianballetschool.com

My dd has attended their Summer Schools for the last two years and has really enjoyed them and finds them a really high standard. There are clips of the Summer Schools on You Tube (google Bristol Russian Ballet School or Yury Demakov).

Edited by Jaylou62
  • Like 1

Mine is residential in Yorkshire - very reasonably priced ! £275 residential 6 days - performance at the end , and groups of no more than 16 . Lots of forum girls signed up already - they enjoyed it last year . A mix of voc and non voc students. Very friendly and excellent teaching x

I think the Harpenden would be ideal for location and level and prices! Thanks to all for replies!

Dates for Harpenden this year are 24th-28th August.

Its unlikely that the website will be updated until after Easter but the contact details on it are correct.www.harpendensummerdanceschool.co.uk

If you want to know any more please do pm me or contact me using the details on the website.

Helen Brewer (co director)

• Like 1