Ashton Foundation Masterclass: Royal Ballet School, Feb 2018

I was fortunate to attend the Ashton Foundation Masterclass in the Royal Ballet School yesterday (for the February 2018 edition). Their aim is to protect, and publicise the Frederick Ashton choreographic legacy. The master class was taken by Monica Mason, featuring dancers of the Royal Ballet.

Here are some photos:

26353047498_4d82bbec0b_z.jpg
Mica Bradbury, Leo Dixon, Leticia Dias, Calvin Richardson (Spanish Dance from Swan Lake)
© Dave Morgan. Courtesy of DanceTabs / Flickr

39327729275_be2bb19469_z.jpg
Isabella Gasparini, Monica Mason (the Fairy of Joy variation from Sleeping Beauty)
© Dave Morgan. Courtesy of DanceTabs / Flickr

39327726785_aa709d2c5d_z.jpg
Isabella Gasparini (the Fairy of Joy variation from Sleeping Beauty)
©  Dave Morgan. Courtesy of DanceTabs / Flickr

See more...

Set from DanceTabs: Ashton Foundation Masterclass (February 2018)
Courtesy of DanceTabs / Flickr

• Like 10

6 hours ago, capybara said:

The problem with these masterclasses is the hefty entry price.

Yes, but they are supposed to be fundraisers, aren't they?  If they price them for the likes of us, they'll only get maybe 1/3 to 1/4 of the money.  (And I have found ENB to be far more annoying in that respect - possibly the RB are just better at getting the publicity aimed directly at their target market, though)

I heard the camera clicking but not sure where it was coming from, lovely to see such great photos.

It was an excellent event all round, both the historical insight into the pieces and the coaching with all of Mason’s wonderful personal insight (as well as a couple of bonus insights from Sir Peter Wright). 

Does Mr O’Hare tend to always go to these events? A great way for junior dancers to get exposure - must be quite nerve wracking!!!