If I could only boycott Bloch!!

Kat09

Thank you ladies, yes I think it was a floor polish she recommended now that you mention it!  I have actually emailed the shop to ask for advise and to see if my DD can pop in and discuss it with them.  They did mention special orders when we were in but suggested she start off with a 'stock pair' first.  I'll see what they suggest, my elder DD loves her Freeds but they last a few weeks not a few days!!  That's a pretty poor show from Bloch Kat09, wonder if they read ballet co!!  

• Like 1

Hi wildflowers, DD also found that Freeds just didn't last at all despite being (I think) a hard shank version? She is currently in Bloch Serenade hard shanks which still seem fine - previously had Sonatas and wanted to get the hard shank version of those but only available direct from Bloch, etc...loooong story. 

Gaynor Mindens have been mentioned several times but thus far she has been pleased with Bloch's longevity, especially with the current hard shanks. - other than Bloch Axis, which were always a risk we knew - she didn't do anything to them before wearing them but they still lasted all of a couple of lessons ;-)

Grishko Vaganova also lasted well.

(DD does NOTHING to her pointe shoes before wearing them, at the suggestion of her teacher whose regular pdd partner has similar banana feet and it is definitely the way to go for her to get more life out of her shoes.)

Thanks legseleven, I think it may have been Bloch serenade with hard shank she was wearing before, so it could hopefully also be a case of getting used to a different shoe. Fingers crossed we at least get to Half term then we will review the situation!! Thanks everyone xx

• Like 1

My DD wears Freeds at the moment, I shellac them every so often and this greatly prolongs the life of them. I just paint it on with a brush around the wings area (this is where DD needs the most support) but I believe you can use it on the shank too.

An update, DD popped into Freed on Saturday, fantastic customer service, checked her pointe shoes and seemed to agree that they had gone soft  too quickly and gave her brand new replacement pair foc, same shoe but from different maker so we will see how she gets on with that.  We are going to try all the tips mentioned above, and hopefully they will last longer this time.  Jet glue has been recommended to her rather than shellac but can't find any stockist so that is my next mission! Thanks for your advice everyone