Heard some sad news today...... Audrey Kraft RIP

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I did want to share some sad news, as there may be some members of this forum who knew her. I have just learned that a much beloved ballet teacher passed away earlier this week.  Audrey Kraft (Mrs. Audrey James) began her teaching career in Wimbledon at Letty Littlewood's Associated Arts School, where I was a student.  She was a wonderful, inspiring teacher and we all adored her.  She left in the early sixties after having her first son.  She and her husband moved to Bolton and I believe that she taught for many years at Muriel Tweedy's school in Manchester and also adjudicated a lot.  I kept in touch with her for 50 years and even managed to see her from time to time, mainly at school reunions.  The last occasion was in 2013 when I visited her with my husband in the Care Home in Bolton.  I am really sad to think that this beautiful lady is no longer with us - she was a truly special teacher and person to have inspired such love from her pupils.......

• Like 2