Can anyone identify the ballets/company?

Lisa O`Brien

I have recently on You Tube come across a series of excerpts of different ballets,none of which are familiar to me. Nor is the music. The writing describing the ballets looks like Russian. It looks like a professional company but I have no idea which one. It is not possible to contact the person who uploaded the ballets for details,so I was wondering if anyone on here could take a look at the videos and maybe they ring a bell? The choreography,costumes and standard of dancing is just lovely on all the videos this person has uploaded. Sorry,I don`t know how to upload them, but if you go on You Tube,the person who has the channel is called TUGARIN-22. Some really lovely videos were all uploaded on 11.6.14. Thanks for your help.

I've not got time to go through them all now, and not all the titles are listed, though the dancers are.  Reading from the Russian -

the first (top video) is Don Quixote, the sixth and seventh is Raymonda, number 19 and 20 is Corsaire, 21-25 is Giselle, etc. There's some fabulous dancers there! Number 14 is Oksana Skorik, for example.

• Like 1

This clip is the grand pas from Paquita:

BRB have done this in the past.  My favourite recollection is Chi Cao.  In the male solo in the clip starting at 1828, Chi did 8 double tours in alternating directions.  It was spectacular and I will never forget it!

The music is by Minkus.

Edited by Janet McNulty
Edited to add composer
  • Like 2

I've had another quick look, and of the less well known ones, in the "7 months ago" section, the third one down is Conservatory, and the fourth is The Awakening of Flora. In the "8 months ago" section, the fifth down is The Fountain of Bakhchisarai, and the seventh is Chopiniana. The "9 months ago" section is headed by Spartacus, the "10th months ago" section by Zolushka (Cinderella) and after that is the ballet Park. In the "11 months ago" section, the third, fourth and fifth are The Legend of Love.

Some fabulous dancing in these clips. Thanks for posting about it. I had no idea that Zolushka meant Cinderella either. You learn something every day!

• Like 2

This clip is the grand pas from Paquita:

BRB have done this in the past.  My favourite recollection is Chi Cao.  In the male solo in the clip starting at 1828, Chi did 8 double tours in alternating directions.  It was spectacular and I will never forget it!

The music is by Minkus.

These are Vaganova students at their 2014 graduation performance, including  Ksenia Zingashina, a potential star!

• Like 1

I looked through several other clips and they are definitely of the Academy - some of the youngest ones are adorable and those little boys in the Conservatory piece are so gorgeously cute!  There's also the pas from Diana and Acteon, which has the young ones in red draped tunics.