RBS Linbury performances programme

I've just booked for one of the Royal Ballet School's Linbury performances but wasn't sure which day to plump for. Am I right that the programme is different each night of that week? Is there any way to know what you're going to see? I went for the Saturday evening in the end (not many tickets left full stop!) but it would be good to know whether that'll be upper or lower school, or which year groups, or anything really.

Sadly have missed the boat for the ROH performance on the Sunday this year, unless there are returns nearer the time.

The ROH appears to have given up on committing to saying which shows are which, which is a great shame.  I haven't been for the last couple of years since they stopped, after the previous time, when I bought a ticket to one of the performances which was allegedly concentrating on the upper school, only to find that it consisted largely of lower-school pupils doing national dances and what have you.

Mainly Lower - Friday and Saturday afternoon.

Mainly Upper - Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday eve

Generally the same pieces are performed on the Friday and Saturday afternoon, with some change of casts.

The schedule for the Wed, Thurs and Sat eve (mostly upper school) is also usually the same.

NB: There is one printed programme for all the Linbury performances. If you go to more than one performance you only have to buy the programme once and can ask the RBS students who sell the programmes for free cast sheets for the remaining performances.

All the Linbury performances feature several pieces, including some interesting student choreography. Like Alison, I'd prefer to see fewer national/Morris dances and more ballet.

Yaffa

I didn't know it was split like that so hope there is some Upper school work on the Friday.

Otherwise I'll just have to spend my time searching out the possible rather distant stars of the future!!

LinMM, there is always some work from each of the Lower School and Upper School in each of the five Linbury performances.  It is just that the emphasis is on Upper School on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday nights and on Lower School on Friday night and Saturday afternoon.  There would usually be a few Upper School pieces on Friday night and Saturday afternoon.

• Like 1