Scottish ballet School

Tulip

Hi does anyone have any knowledge or experience of the Scottish Ballet School, I think that it is relatively new and that it is in Glasgow? A few people have asked if my daughter is auditioning for this school, but I do not know much about it.

Are they perhaps referring to the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland (formerly RSAMD) which offers a BA in Modern Ballet in association with Scottish Ballet?

http://www.rsamd.ac.uk/undergraduate/dance/

This course has only been running for a couple of years, and I think this year will be the first graduate year so it will be interesting to see how their graduates fair compared with those from other schools. I don't know much about the training but the link with Scottish Ballet sounds positive.

There is also Dance School of Scotland - but that's been aroud for a while I think.

http://www.thedanceschoolofscotland.org.uk/

My older dd is in her graduate year at the Royal Conservatoire and has enjoyed everything the course has to offer . She has just finished a 3 week placement with scottish ballet also my younger dd is at the dance school of scotland . The conservatoire takes the students from age 16 and the dance school takes them from 1st year of high school but you can audition for further up the school and they just appointed a new artistic director of the dance school .

Hope this is of some help xxx

I think the opportunity to have placement with a company will be very beneficial for students of Royal Conservatoire when it comes for applying for jobs. Make sure she explicitly puts it on her CV as it will be something to set her above the other hundreds of graduate CVs which companies receive.

Thank you for highlighting this school - I hadn't heard of before, but having another non dancing son who hopes to study production arts it's an interesting option!

Do you happen to know what the entrance arrangements and funding arrangements are for English students?

Meadowblythe

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...