CINQBALLET from Moscow

Hi!

We are a small group of professional ballet dancers from Moscow, Russia. We just finished our first video. We really wanted to create a video somebody not familiar with ballet would enjoy. Can you let me know what you think? If you like it, feel free to share anywhere you want.

• Like 3

Welcome to the Forum Cinq Ballet.    Thank you for posting the link to your film, I really enjoyed watching it.

Could I please ask that you include a signature block that has your company details for future postings?  You  can set up a Signature via My Settings in the dropdown menu under your name. 

I liked the film, too.  

I know its a promotional film and I did like the closeups of feet, faces and hands but I am not a fan of constant cutting- flash editing - I would have liked more continuous sequences and the inclusion of some male dancers.

• Like 1

Actually, we don't want to show you how much work goes into producing a video like that. I see that it's almost a trend show how artists are sweating behind the scene, but that's not what ballet is about. We'd like to show you the beauty and lightness of the dance, because for us that's the essence of ballet. Even backstage we looked like:

wF6uhca4uVs.jpgkSdKvKN9x4A.jpgXyColit6vC0.jpgd0cmjBzL2k0.jpg6ZLWJr_GbPM.jpg

• Like 1

Great stuff - both the video and the photos.  I do agree with the comments about the editing though (albeit unlike Anjul I'm happy to forego the male dancers); I understand you are trying to get a lot in and to keep it fast moving, but the edit-clips are too short to allow full engagement, and truncate the movements at times - even another second added here and there would make a difference.   So what's your intention for this video - is it a teaser for productions, for a longer video or simply a showcase of capability to get promoters interested?

Yes, we intended this as a promo video for CINQBALLET.

I heard you about the clips being too short. Unfortunately, the footage we filmed this time didn't allow us longer clips. Next time, we'll sure pay more attention to create longer cuts.

When we first thought about making a video we didn't really have a goal or even knew what we wanted. We now have a much better idea what we can do and we also have beautiful new costumes to help us make something unique.

So as I said we would love to travel with our shows. What do you think about this?

Hi!

We are a small group of professional ballet dancers from Moscow, Russia. We just finished our first video. We really wanted to create a video somebody not familiar with ballet would enjoy. Can you let me know what you think? If you like it, feel free to share anywhere you want.

The video is lovely, I particularly liked the slo-mo, it gave a beautiful impression of lightness.

Actually, we don't want to show you how much work goes into producing a video like that. I see that it's almost a trend show how artists are sweating behind the scene, but that's not what ballet is about. We'd like to show you the beauty and lightness of the dance, because for us that's the essence of ballet.

I agree, as a ballet watcher I want to keep the illusion or reality of perfection. 

Make some more videos!

• Like 1

I'm no expert on the economics but intuitively I'd think there's appetite for more touring ballet productions - those of us in the provinces are starved of material..  The only company that tours near where I live in Suffolk is the Russian State Siberian Ballet, which managed to sell out locally on a three day stop with frankly pretty poor productions of some big tutu ballets.  Your video looked considerably more interesting, and I'd certainly be interested in seeing a production.  I guess the challenge is how to promote it - I suspect the aforesaid company, which is promoted by Raymond Gubby, sells to an audience of 'show goers' rather than ballet enthusiasts on a combination of household name ballets like Swan Lake plus having 'Russian' in the name, and relatively cheap tickets...!  A smaller troupe with less established material might have to build a reputation in 'arts' venues first (e.g. in the East, Snape Maltings rather than Ipswich Gaumont) as they market to a more adventurous/discerning audience.  Anyone here who can given them more solid advice? 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the long absence of here :)  We really appreciate your attention, thank you for the all comments!

My English is very bad, poor, so I have to wait for someone to help and check my posts before I sent it here. Excuse me for that :blink:

As you see this text hasn't been verified. I hope our new photo make up for this :wub: We've got new tutus for the waltz of the snowflakes. What do you think?

jsvu74abM6E.jpgzZYJgI9fR98.jpgt6tvAcPXOzU.jpg

Oh, they are really pretty.

Your English is a lot better than my non-existant Russian!

ha ha thanks!

Lovely tutus and the sort of tutu length I like!!

Thank you It's our favorite tutus length it's kind Degas style, elegant.  More flying tissue when ballerina has jump, the other side the beautiful legs line doesn't hidden.

Uq_y07ROsLQ.jpg

• Like 1