Press Release: Tamara Rojo Announced In Principal Casting For Swan Lake At Royal Albert Hall

I agree entirely but perhaps in this case the director might have sacrificed one of her own performances, after all isn't her job to direct?

I believe she made a pitch to direct and dance. This is well known. In any event she is a world class star.

I have no axe to grind re Glurdijze, who I think is wonderful. But fine choices have to be made at times and not everybody always gets what they would like.

There are always going to be casting difficulties when the director is also a performer. It is the job of the Artistic Director to make artistic decisions. If you don't like them then don't buy a ticket. Though when people don't buy tickets and companies don't fill theatres and they still get a subsidy is another question. 

Rojo is a star name some will buy a ticket just to see her Glurdijze is not know to the wider public both are dancers I too like to see. There may a number of  reasons why someone is not cast and perhaps one should not speculate too much.  Swan Lake is a popular title and I suspect that  it is the title, rather than the dancers or even the company. which sells to the general public at that venue.

There are always going to be casting difficulties when the director is also a performer. It is the job of the Artistic Director to make artistic decisions. If you don't like them then don't buy a ticket. Though when people don't buy tickets and companies don't fill theatres and they still get a subsidy is another question. 

Rojo is a star name some will buy a ticket just to see her Glurdijze is not know to the wider public both are dancers I too like to see. There may a number of  reasons why someone is not cast and perhaps one should not speculate too much.  Swan Lake is a popular title and I suspect that  it is the title, rather than the dancers or even the company. which sells to the general public at that venue.

I can assure you Glurdijze is very well known to the UK public, had she been dancing I would have bought a ticket.  She is not, therefore I won't

Rather than start a new thread I thought I would enquire here as to whether anyone recognises the two dancers pictured in a promotion for ENB's Swan Lake by The Times in the ST's Culture magazine today. All ideas gratefully received. [i shall probably kick myself once they are identified.]

They don't appear to be among the current roster of ENB Principals and, if that is the case, one has to wonder why not.

Rather than start a new thread I thought I would enquire here as to whether anyone recognises the two dancers pictured in a promotion for ENB's Swan Lake by The Times in the ST's Culture magazine today. All ideas gratefully received. [i shall probably kick myself once they are identified.]

They don't appear to be among the current roster of ENB Principals and, if that is the case, one has to wonder why not.

A friend has given me access to the online edition.  I'm pretty sure it's Friedemann Vogel and, if that's the case, his partner must be Sofiane Silve.  The picture would appear to be from the 2007 run and this seems to be confirmed from the pictures on ballet.co.uk (review by Ian Palmer). 

Edit. Sorry forgot to add the link to the 2007 review:

http://www.ballet.co.uk/magazines/yr_07/jul07/ip_rev_enb_0607.htm

Edited by Bluebird