Vadim Muntagirov - La Bayadère on-ice!

Lucy M

Just spotted this on instagram so thought I'd share as it sounds very exciting... It looks like Vadim has been working with Latvian Figure Skater Deniss Vasilijevs (European Bronze medallist, 2x Olympian) on a new skating programme set to 'La Bayadère'!

Deniss shared this photo from his instagram account - what a fantastic opportunity for him to get to work with Vadim (and vice versa). I can't wait to see the finished product! Timing-wise I assume this will be a competitive programme for Deniss next season (this is prime 'next season choreography' time), so unfortunately we will likely have to wait until around September to see the finished product!

I've been a figure skating fan for many years (far longer than I've been following ballet!) so this is absolutely wonderful and so exciting to see.

• Like 7

Amazing! I’ve rather lost touch of figure skating in recent years, but I’m aware that Stephane Lambiel (also in the photo) has expressed his admiration of Vadim before. Very exciting for all concerned, I’d imagine!

• Like 3

sounds interesting i hope there's video on youtube . i'm sure that it would be great ..

i seen once since 2 years ago ice dance to Kana Muramoto and Daisuke Takahashi (Japan) with a free dance program La Bayadere, it was beautiful really.  i don't know if is proper share the video of that Free dance here or not , my apologize if isn't the right topic for share it 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh0pZK0QrQY&t=3s

• Like 1