American Ballet Theatre company premiere of McGregor's Woolf Works, Costa Mesa and New York, April and June 2024

ABT is the latest company to dance Woolf Works, Wayne McGregor's successful full length ballet about Virginia Woolf and her writings, originally created on Alessandra Ferri and the Royal Ballet with an original score by Max Richter.

ABT performed Woolf Works for the first time last night at Segerstrom Center for the Arts in Costa Mesa, California, and the run ends on Sunday 14 April. The company is due to perform the ballet in June at the Metropolitan Opera House as well. 

The scheduled casts include Hee Seo, Devon Teuscher and Gillian Murphy in the role of Virginia Woolf/Mrs Dalloway, and Isabella Boylston, Skylar Brandt, Catherine Hurlin, Christine Shevchenko, Cassandra Trenary, Joo Won Ahn, Aran Bell, Daniel Camargo, Thomas Forster, Calvin Royal III, Cory Stearns and James Whiteside in other roles. Looking forward to reviews and feedback from any members who are attending one or more performances! 🙂

Edited by Emeralds
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Alessandra Ferri will be performing in the June performances at the Metropolitan Opera House.  She told me about this back in November and she is listed on ABT's calendar of performances.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Irmgard said:

Alessandra Ferri will be performing in the June performances at the Metropolitan Opera House.  She told me about this back in November and she is listed on ABT's calendar of performances.

How wonderful that she will perform with ABT on that stage again!  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Sim said:

How wonderful that she will perform with ABT on that stage again!  

Indeed. And she will be partenered by Herman Cornejo 🤗

• Like 2

I was at the opening night of ABT's performance of Woolf Works. It did not begin to affect me the way The Royal Ballet did last season, when I saw each cast.  Daniel Camargo was beautifully expressive as Septimus and the passages with Septimus, Rezia (soloist Sun Mi Park), and Evans (soloist Jake Roxander) came across with some meaning, but otherwise there was no depth or impact or energy (Beginnings) that could approach the level of The Royal Ballet's dancers.  It was odd to be so unmoved by a work I LOVED when I saw The Royal Ballet dance it last season.   I am seeing three performances this weekend (all casts).  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 12/04/2024 at 09:32, Irmgard said:

Yes it’s my fantasy ticket purchase!! I’ll keep buying my lotto tickets…

• Like 1