Dutch National Ballet 24/25 Season

Hmm a far less attractive programme than POB from my perspective and I am also not sure that this really makes the most of the dancers that this company currently has at its disposal. 

Well, at least there’s some Balanchine , although far more limited than in Wayne Eagling’s day (I once went to a festival he organised that had 3 days of completely different Balanchine ballets)- and one of Robbins’ most sublime pieces. And Four Schumann Pieces is a modern classic.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TSR101 said:

Hmm a far less attractive programme than POB from my perspective and I am also not sure that this really makes the most of the dancers that this company currently has at its disposal. 

Agreed, but makes it easier to decide where to take a trip!

• Like 2

Mixed bills of Made in NL and Other Dances look interesting.  Maybe some of the others? 

Will have to wait for further info on new full length … Lady Macbeth by Helen Pickett.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Don Q Fan said:

I'm happy with Don Q and Jewels that'll do me! 

I for one would never have guessed that you would be happy with Don Q being on the programme... 🙂

• Like 3

On 22/03/2024 at 17:14, TSR101 said:

I for one would never have guessed that you would be happy with Don Q being on the programme... 🙂

Glad to hear it ☺️☺️☺️

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Birdy said:

They only do their Nutcracker every three years. In 2021 they did a livestream that I missed so I’m hoping they do it again this year. 

They are doing the ballet but whether it is live streamed I guess won't be known until nearer the time. I think there is a DVD. 

2 hours ago, Birdy said:

I have a particular dancer I’m hoping to get to see in this year’s production.

Don't they only give the cast out a few weeks before - by which most of the tickets have been sold?

On 27/03/2024 at 01:08, Birdy said:

They only do their Nutcracker every three years. In 2021 they did a livestream that I missed so I’m hoping they do it again this year. 

Which is Wayne Eagling's version that many (including the Japanese audience who has to see the same one every year) loathe...

17 hours ago, TSR101 said:

Don't they only give the cast out a few weeks before - by which most of the tickets have been sold?

That’s true, but if it isn’t a principal dancer you are hoping to see, the odds improve that you will see the dancer you are looking for in one role or another.