10yo developing body

SplitSoul

My DD is 10.5 and developing breast buds. She is very angry about this. She doesn't want breasts and she says you can see it through her Leo and nobody else has it.

The other girls in her class actually have breast tissue, so are further on than her. But she says that's different. She is inconsolable.

Can anyone recommend how to deal/anything practical I can buy her to wear? Black is obvs best, but she says even then she can see them across the room in the mirror (I can't). Any crop top thingies that might help and not look obvious under her Leo?

Could you get her some of those little stick on flowers or a very smooth crop top? Growing up eh? A year down the line they will all be the same, we had to contend with the dance belt which was a right drama. 
As a child of the 80’s we all started to wear t shirts under our leotards at that age to the teachers dismay! Lol! Was good enough for Fame! 😆😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Doing Dance 1 said:

Have you had a conversation with the school/ teacher/s?

If students are of similar age and development then this could be an ideal time to limit the use of mirrors in the dance studio.

https://iadms.org/media/5781/iadms-resource-paper-mirrors-in-the-dance-class.pdf

Fascinating reading on mirrors in the ballet studio. Thank you ☺️ 

But why do all UK ballet schools have them on every wall ? 

Poor lamb! I guess this is her first experience of something which we women have to live with - that our bodies do what they like without asking!

I suspect all you can do is help her conceal what she does not wish to reveal - after all, a sense of modesty will do her no harm - and wait for the passing of time to bring acceptance.

• Like 4

So glad not that age again so extremely self conscious! I can remember HATING having to wear a bra and suspender belts for stockings lol! So some things have improved! 
When performing I found the nude under leotard thingy very helpful. 

• Like 2