Hello newbie here but I’ve been reading for ages.  My DD has got through to the Central finals which is great. But it isn’t until the end of April and if successful we won’t know until May which is quite late and later than normal I’ve heard. 

She is only 16 and I understand there aren’t many options for accommodation at 16.  Is it worth looking into options now as a just in case. I’m just worried that places could go very quickly.  Is anyone else in the same situation? 

Also does any one know how many usually get put through to the finals?   

Central is her first choice so doing as much research as I can. 

Thanks 

29 minutes ago, NonStopDance said:

Hello newbie here but I’ve been reading for ages.  My DD has got through to the Central finals which is great. But it isn’t until the end of April and if successful we won’t know until May which is quite late and later than normal I’ve heard. 

She is only 16 and I understand there aren’t many options for accommodation at 16.  Is it worth looking into options now as a just in case. I’m just worried that places could go very quickly.  Is anyone else in the same situation? 

Thanks 

I believe the accommodation does book up quickly. 

https://www.centralschoolofballet.co.uk/training/student-life/living-in-london/

If you scroll down it has the places they recommend. You might find a lot are booked already. 

Hi thanks I’ve seen that list but most seem to be for 18 + or ridiculously expensive! Just wanted to know if anyone is looking for this year that is 16.  

I think Friendship House was for 16 but now 18. But I could be wrong. It such a minefield and I’m not from London so even harder. 

34 minutes ago, Ballet Saga said:

I would just contact them all and ask. They must be used to Central having under 18s. I did hear that they have accommodation above the actual building but it’s expensive. 

Yes I think that might be best. Just seems very premature when we don’t even know if she’ll get in or not…..

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NonStopDance said:

Yes I think that might be best. Just seems very premature when we don’t even know if she’ll get in or not…..

I agree. I have heard they get booked up because of people currently at the school booking for a further year. Plus other students who use it. It’s so annoying they don’t have their own accommodation to offer.

• Like 1

Hello 👋🏻

My daughter is also through to the finals, and the same age (or will be at this summer!)

The halls nearby apparently have a floor/set of flats for the 16 year olds due to safeguarding. They shouldn’t be with 18 year olds. 

But I refuse to really think about it or plan until we know for sure about a place. Having gone through this with older ones and Uni, I am firmly in the what wlll be will be with accommodation.

I don’t know what the chances are on the finals? 🤷🏻‍♀️

is your DD doing any other auditions? 

If the halls of residence have floors reserved for a certain school then those rooms won’t be let out until the results are out so hopefully you’ll be ok. This is a common practice amongst lots of universities - only current renting students are given first refusal. My DD’s halls has mostly well behaved  scientists from nearby Imperial Uni, they are a quiet hard working bunch and don’t bother her with loud partying! (She’s at ENBS). 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sunflower said:

Hello 👋🏻

My daughter is also through to the finals, and the same age (or will be at this summer!)

The halls nearby apparently have a floor/set of flats for the 16 year olds due to safeguarding. They shouldn’t be with 18 year olds. 

But I refuse to really think about it or plan until we know for sure about a place. Having gone through this with older ones and Uni, I am firmly in the what wlll be will be with accommodation.

I don’t know what the chances are on the finals? 🤷🏻‍♀️

is your DD doing any other auditions? 

Hi, I’ve heard back from Friendship House and they don’t accept 16 year olds. 

I’m not going to contact anymore as I think it will be the same. Like you said what will be will be. We’ll deal with it if and when the times comes.

We have LSC coming up and had an offer for Tring.  We were considering Rambert but decided not to. Will try them at 18 if not successful now.  How about you? 

5 hours ago, NonStopDance said:

Hi, I’ve heard back from Friendship House and they don’t accept 16 year olds. 

I’m not going to contact anymore as I think it will be the same. Like you said what will be will be. We’ll deal with it if and when the times comes.

We have LSC coming up and had an offer for Tring.  We were considering Rambert but decided not to. Will try them at 18 if not successful now.  How about you? 

On our open day though the other month, all the first years who are 16 are in friendship house so I don’t really know 🤷🏻‍♀️ Do you think it has changed just this year? It could easily change back again.

i am pondering if Tring might be easier, just because it’s a boarding school 😁

2 hours ago, Sunflower said:

On our open day though the other month, all the first years who are 16 are in friendship house so I don’t really know 🤷🏻‍♀️ Do you think it has changed just this year? It could easily change back again.

i am pondering if Tring might be easier, just because it’s a boarding school 😁

We couldn’t make the open day unfortunately.

I didn’t mention Central in my email so who knows. They said they exclusively cater for uni students aged 18 + only.

We’ll just have to wait and see…..

• Like 1

The guidelines on safeguarding have changed in recent years and a number of properties have recently changed their policies to now not accommodate under 18s, but obviously they still need to let the ones who had contracts agreed from pervious years roll out (hence why there's a mis-match). It is an issue with limiting options quite a lot! 

• Like 1

On 14/02/2024 at 17:02, NonStopDance said:

Thanks 

Hi, I’m not sure about accommodation because we’re in London and my DD will commute if she gets a place, but we’ve been told that they take 90-100 dancers through to finals and there are 40 places. Best of luck!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

My daughter is first year this year and started at 16. With majority of year group being under 18 at start of year, is definitely a limit to options.  Quite a number are at Friendship House, there is also a group at IQ Paris Gardens. These were the only options close by we found for under 18. 
Others are either at home or in home stay accommodation. 
Whilst Friendship and IQ try to keep the CBS students on same floor, in reality some are split across floors due to late bookings etc. IQ only take students, where as Friendship has different requirements.  Both have a policy for CBS students under 18, so do advise they are CBS student when you discuss booking   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1