Foot thongs

Ja Sm

My DD has tried a couple of different types as she finds pirouettes in bare feet hard, but she hasn't really taken to wearing foot thongs either. Sometimes she wears them, sometimes she doesn't - I don't think she has strong feelings really. If your DD isn't happy in bare feet then I'd say they are worth a go, but if she's ok how she is, I wouldn't bother. For something that is basically a small piece of suede and a bit of elastic, they are quite expensive, so unless she actually feels she needs them I would save the money for something more important!

• Like 1

If your DD isn't happy in bare feet then I'd say they are worth a go, but if she's ok how she is, I wouldn't bother. For something that is basically a small piece of suede and a bit of elastic, they are quite expensive, so unless she actually feels she needs them I would save the money for something more important!

I agree with this. My dd attends a contemporary CAT and foot thongs are not on the equipment list, everything is done in bare feet (and she has the bruises to prove it!!) :-)

• Like 2

Does very much depend on the floor.  DD wears capezios foot undeez too.  She found both at her previous and current school that as the amount of barefoot work increased she and several classmates were getting numerous blood blisters on their feet, this despite the fact that they had done intermediate jazz classes barefoot.  The teacher said it also depended on time of year and foot undeez would help feet used to being wrapped up in warm boots or for sweaty feet in a hot summer.  DD did not like the feel of them at first but is fine with them now.