Ballet de Monterrey has announced a new Artistic Director.

Thiago Soares is moving on and from January 2024 Yosvani Ramos will take up the position.

He's extremely excited and pleased to have been named to this role.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzejF_Pv1HP/?igshid=b2IzZTNnMDh3M25h

Ballet de Monterrey is in northern Mexico, about 500 miles south-west of Houston, Texas. Company of 60 (4 principals, 11 soloists, 34 corps dancers and 11 apprentices). There's an associated school. The company was founded in 1990 and past ADs include Fernando Alonso, Fernando Bujones, Luis Serrano (twice) and José Manuel Carreño.

I'm extremely excited and pleased for him! 

🤣

Edited by Sophoife
Added company info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Every time someone says that, @capybara, I'm reminded of the Australian politician Pauline Hanson who, in a 1996 profile on 60 Minutes, was asked if she was xenophobic (she is) and replied in a flat, deadpan, very nasal Australian voice, "Please explain?"

Edited by Sophoife
Changed post

I wasn't sure if you knew to what @alisonwas alluding @capybara.

Yes, I'm an out and proud fan of Mr Ramos. I'm also privileged to call him a friend (certainly not the usual case with a dancer one admires!) and yes, this year's Big Trip was engendered by his retirement as a dancer. I got to see three ballets I'd never seen before (Sinfonietta, Prodigal Son, Bruch Violin Concerto) in Colorado, and then I got to return to London (Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty), Paris (Béjart triple) and Zürich, and visit Turin and see the Giro d'Italia - so thanks Yos 😘

Edited by Sophoife
Added what I saw
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sophoife said:

I wasn't sure if you knew to what @alisonwas alluding @capybara.

Yes, I'm an out and proud fan of Mr Ramos. I'm also privileged to call him a friend (certainly not the usual case with a dancer one admires!) and yes, this year's Big Trip was engendered by his retirement as a dancer. I got to see three ballets I'd never seen before (Sinfonietta, Prodigal Son, Bruch Violin Concerto) in Colorado, and then I got to return to London (Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty), Paris (Béjart triple) and Zürich, and visit Turin and see the Giro d'Italia - so thanks Yos 😘

That's fantastic @Sophoife

• Like 1