ENB events and workshops open for booking

ENB have a few new events live on their site for direct booking.

Behind the scenes tour 9am on Wed 20 Dec or Fri 19 Jan.

Company class and Q&A 11am on Wed 20 Dec or Fri 19 Jan.

Nutcracker workshops 9am to 1045am:

Adult open level Sat 16 Dec

Youth advanced level Sun 17 Dec

Youth open level Fri 22 Dec

Giselle Workshops:

Adult open level: Sun 14 Jan

Youth open level: Sat 20 Jan

• Thanks 3

No I didn't. I also booked for the class and q&a and didn't get a confirmation email so am just investigating! Although even at the level of support I give, it still seems to take a number of days for the Friends/Support team to ever respond...

Edited by Blossom

That's really strange. I am a 'Benefactor' level friend and have had nothing.

I just happened to be on the site to check the information on Carmen and scrolled down to see if there was anything new there.

Hoping there is some communication today, but mostly, that I can get confirmation of my booking as they have definitely taken the money from me!

I’ve just booked the Company class on Dec 20th as am in London that day anyway luckily as seeing Royal Ballet Nutcracker the night before! 
However  it was also a palava as they are treating everybody the same whether attending a workshop or just watching class so want emergency numbers medical details and age!!! Usually you just have to confirm you’re over 14 etc but no they want your full age or you can’t proceed! 
I then got stuck at the “I’m not a robot” bit ….it wouldn’t connect took 3-4 goes…and isn’t it time they did away with this feature with all the confirmation of “it’s you” nowadays when making payments anyway!! 
I took a screen shot of confirmation details just in case!! 
None of my friends who are Friends have had any info about these new events though. 
I don’t routinely go on the website only if booking a performance or responding to info received in an email etc. 

Will see if they reply to my email. 

Have just received an email from ENB ( not in specific answer to the one I sent) but to anyone who has booked the Company class on Dec 20th!! 
Apparently this was a mistake and should not have appeared on the public site as it’s not open to the public but set aside for certain youth groups. Money has been refunded (though haven’t checked yet) and Friends will be invited to watch a class soon. 
It’s a shame as no doubt when we are eventually invited to watch a class it will be a day I can’t do especially if on a Saturday which over the holiday period will mean a train journey of 2 and a half hours from Brighton via Littlehampton to get to London so not on for a day trip. 
What a mess up but apparently their website has just had a systems upgrade…… (which is why it is worse than before lol!) 

• Thanks 1

On 10/11/2023 at 18:17, LinMM said:

Have just received an email from ENB ( not in specific answer to the one I sent) but to anyone who has booked the Company class on Dec 20th!! 
Apparently this was a mistake and should not have appeared on the public site as it’s not open to the public but set aside for certain youth groups. Money has been refunded (though haven’t checked yet) and Friends will be invited to watch a class soon. 
It’s a shame as no doubt when we are eventually invited to watch a class it will be a day I can’t do especially if on a Saturday which over the holiday period will mean a train journey of 2 and a half hours from Brighton via Littlehampton to get to London so not on for a day trip. 
What a mess up but apparently their website has just had a systems upgrade…… (which is why it is worse than before lol!) 

Saw this and equally find weekends hard- the timing was perfect just before Christmas but on a weekday when it’s easy for me to get into Central London for ballet things whereas weekends are full of juggling family etc. Hope there is an appropriate date for friends soon.

• Like 1

I’m going to contact them and ask if there can be a choice of a weekday and Saturday dates for watching Company class as although weekdays suit me much better lots of people still work on weekdays so they might want to go on a Saturday. A bit cheeky I know but no harm in asking!! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had an email from ENB yesterday in which there are some Friends events. 
There are two stage rehearsals one of Nutcracker on 13th December  and one of Giselle on 10th January both at 7pm and a chance to see Company class on Saturday 13th Jan at 11am. 
I’ve booked to see the class since as luck would have it will be in London on 12th so am able to stay over to see the class as otherwise would be too early to get to from Brighton on a Saturday. 
Usually you sit in the Stalls to see the class ( at the Coli) so have a very good view of the dancers and they also usually give you some piccies of the dancers on a sheet so you can identify them. 
They all cost £20.