Last week, I saw "La Bayadère" in Munich, choreographed by Patrice Bart (after Marius Petipa). I wrote an article for the online LaNotte art magazine, here is the link:

https://www.lanottemag.com/post/la-bayadère-in-munich

It was a wonderful evening. The ballet is part of next season in Munich and highly recommended to watch. Cast change is in the works 😉

(sorry for typos/mistakes, my proof read was ignored🙄).

Edited by Sabine0308
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, annamk said:

I was wondering if anyone saw Lauretta Summerscales performance in Bayadere  in Munich. 

I wasn't there but here is a review ( in German, but Deepl or Google can do the trick😉).

https://magazin.klassik.com/konzerte/reviews.cfm?task=review&PID=8000

Warning: a pretty bad review for J. Mackay's Solor.

Edited by Sabine0308
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was baffled, and I don’t get the apotheosis. I guess the drama continues in Neverland😃.

As for the Mackay review, I saw some clips on Instagram and wasn't impressed either. So far, I still haven't seen anything worth all the fuss about him. There are indeed more than 2 dancers better than him in MUC. Makes me think again why T. Rojo didn't want to keep him😏

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sabine0308 said:

I wasn't there but here is a review ( in German, but Deepl or Google can do the trick😉).

https://magazin.klassik.com/konzerte/reviews.cfm?task=review&PID=8000

Warning: a pretty bad review for J. Mackay's Solor.

The review came up in English immediately on my PC.

Ouch re Julian Mackay! However, having seen him in galas here, I wasn't surprised that Tamara Rojo clearly didn't require him as a Principal in San Francisco but, conversely, I was surprised that Laurent Hilaire not only took him on in Munich but appears to have a Mackay family member as the company photographer.

6 hours ago, capybara said:

The review came up in English immediately on my PC.

Ouch re Julian Mackay! However, having seen him in galas here, I wasn't surprised that Tamara Rojo clearly didn't require him as a Principal in San Francisco but, conversely, I was surprised that Laurent Hilaire not only took him on in Munich but appears to have a Mackay family member as the company photographer.

Nicholas Mackay is his brother. Together they run a production company with focus on ballet media and performances (or actually, with focus on Julian Mackay, more or less😁, but they also work with other dancers like Jinhao and Jeanette Zhang). Nicholas is very talented, his photos are ace. Apparently Julian comes only in double pack, why Hilaire accepted that, I don't know.

What the critic said about Shale Wagman is more than true, he literally floored the audience in his debut on Friday, and certainly wasn't less spectacular on Sunday (with Mackay as Solor). Solor, here he comes... There are at least 2 dancers in Munich, technically much better and with more acting skills than J. Mackay.

Edited by Sabine0308
  • Like 1