It's not me!

Pas de Quatre

For many years there was an American discussion board, Ballet Talk for Dancers, very similar to this and several people were members of both.  I had a different "Name" on both as I wished to keep my identities separate.  Recently BT4D had to close for logistical reasons.  A new board called Ballet Pursuit has opened, with no connection to the original BT4D.  Again, I joined, but with another new name.  However, I was very surprised when I logged on today to see there is a "Pas de Quatre" there.  Obviously I don't have exclusive use of the name, but just wanted to make sure everyone knows that it is not me.  Also there is someone with the name Tulip on there, and from what has been posted is definitely not the Tulip from this board, who I know in real life.  So perhaps people over there are looking to this board for inspiration, but it might be worth keeping an eye on it!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Oh no! I have done the same thing (different name here than on Ballet Talk for Dancers). When Ballet Pursuit started I chose a new name, Tulip, because my old one may have been a little too self-identifying. I had no idea there was a Tulip over here and had no nefarious intentions. The name has a few special reasons for being significant for me and I had never (to my knowledge) run across Tulip on this site.

• Like 3

My first name was after the bottle of red wine I was drinking the evening I signed up. Not very imaginative 🤣

I changed it recently as now my daughter has stopped ballet I don’t feel the need to drink as much 🍷 🤣

Just got back from the gym too 😅

• Like 10

Yes, I use a variety of names on other boards, because being simply "alison" dated back to the early days of the Chat Page on the original Ballet.co.uk site, where I think everyone else used their real first names.  I never felt I'd been "in at the beginning" of any of the other boards I'm on, so didn't feel it was appropriate to re-use it elsewhere.

• Like 3