Advice on travelling with a tutu

Lyra

Hi,

First time post after lurking in the shadows for a while. 

Wondered if any one had advice about travelling with a pancake tutu? Specifically how to take it on a flight? 

Thanks 

My DD had her's as hand luggage at start, but after while she did not want to carry it to the plane and added it under cargo. Always arrived well to the destination and with 2 exchanging flights 🙂 
I have seen many tutu bags on carousel in States too 🙂

• Like 1

If you want it to go in cargo, an option is to get a big TV screen box from a Removalist or Storage facility e.g. Kennards Storage in Australia for $9.

You place the tutu in a wide tutu bag and then into the box.  This way the box is used for the plane but not to and from the studio/theatre at your destination.  

The depth of the tv screen box allows the tutu to be wider than the box i.e. sit it on styro-foam at the centre and the skirt falls from there.

Secure it with tape in the box so it doesn't move in transit.   Tape up the box, put fragile stickers on, write ballet tutu all over it and your name/contact details.

This method protects the tutu and you don't have to worry about how full the plane is or rely on the kindness of airline stewards.  If luggage gets lost these days it will invariably turn up within 24 hours so long as you put your contact info on.

Beware: the box sure is cumbersome getting in and out of airports🤣

• Like 1