Visiting near Rambert next week

Tiaramum

Hi

The dancing diva is going to be attending Ballet Boost workshops next week at Rambert. Is there anywhere near by I can sit, read, work and generally watch the world go by = a coffee house/tea room/park with a van etc. 

There are some coffee shops about a 10 min walk away in St Margaret’s, towards St Margaret’s station, or Richmond is a 20/25 min walk across the bridge beside the river and there’s plenty there, also lots of benches/places to sit alongside the river. 

• Like 1

My in-laws live very close to Rambert - St Margarets is nice but Richmond is particularly lovely and only a walk/quick bus ride (H37?) away. There are lots of restaurants, coffee shops, and places to sit along the Thames. I love indulging in going to Whole Foods when we visit 😂.

• Like 1

Richmond is about 10 mins walk, but I love walking up to Ham house (national trust) which is a 30-45 min walk along the Thames. It kills some time, is great for people watching, and then the gardens and tea room are gorgeous. Or if she’s there a long time, Kew is also walkable.

• Like 1

Guest oncnp
4 minutes ago, Jennyballet said:

Richmond is about 10 mins walk, but I love walking up to Ham house (national trust) which is a 30-45 min walk along the Thames. It kills some time, is great for people watching, and then the gardens and tea room are gorgeous. Or if she’s there a long time, Kew is also walkable.

Just watch the tide....the path can be under water