Hello forum members I’m thinking of buying seat C48 in the stalls circle it’s view is restricted by a pillar and it’s £70. Does anyone know how bad the view is from C48 and is it worth the £70 or should I avoid?

Other options are row S or T of amphi which are £51 and £34 respectively, but I think these are too far back?

Hoping some kind person can provide some information. Thank you. 

Edited by Angela Essex
Punctuation

7 minutes ago, Balletbloke said:

Have you clicked on the seat picture on the ROH website? It will give you the view of the stage.

Yes - it shows a pillar blocking part of the view so was just hoping that someone might have first hand experience of how much the pillar practically interferes with the view. 

I think I have bought that seat before. From what I remember, you could get a nearly full view by leaning slightly forward and “peering” around the pillar, but that only works if you are sitting next to a friend/companion who is attending with you and doesn’t mind you wriggling around and leaning forward. It might not be possible to do it if you’re attending on your own, in which case either pick a different seat or accept that it’s a restricted view (half obstructed) like the Slips seats. 

Edited by Emeralds
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Emeralds said:

I think I have bought that seat before. From what I remember, you could get a nearly full view by leaning slightly forward and “peering” around the pillar, but that only works if you are sitting next to a friend/companion who is attending with you and doesn’t mind you wriggling around and leaning forward. It might not be possible to do it if you’re attending on your own, in which case either pick a different seat or accept that it’s a restricted view (half obstructed) like the Slips seats. 

Thanks @Emeraldsthat’s really helpful thank you. I was entertaining going to see The Sleeping Beauty tonight but I’ve crashed on the sofa after ballet class now and it’s proving near impossible for me to get any motivation to go out (big toe dying - teacher taught me how to do bounces/hops en pointe which was so much fun but sadly my toe didn’t think so 🤣). Thanks again 🙏

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LinMM said:

I think hops on pointe if that’s what you mean are a little advanced for people fairly newish to pointe work to be honest!!! 

Yes agree - I think I’ve maybe got my terminology mixed up? They weren’t proper hops as in on one leg. They were little bounces/jumps on 2 feet. Hopefully my teacher won’t be even thinking about anything on one leg any time soon. We don’t do much en pointe just rises and releves at barre and echappes & releves in centre. Thinking she just had an ambitious moment with the jumps today 🤣

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
1 minute ago, art_enthusiast said:

Hi, just a quick question about booking seats with cameras potentially in view, for cinema streamed performances (Manon)

Does anyone know which seats are usually blocked in the orchestra stalls? I’m hoping A 26 and 27 aren’t

OS A26 and 27 are OK, although the camera sitting part way into A23 can sometimes be in one’s peripheral vision.

Otherwise the OS seats affected (if any) are further back.

• Thanks 2

Hello All and Happy New Year. I’d like to book to see Nunez/Vadim in Swan Lake on 6/4 and (thanks to a birthday present from my husband) have a choice of the following seats front balcony A49, Front stalls circle A64 or Stalls D12 or M20. Which seat would afford a better view? I’m hoping some kind forum member can comment please. Thank you. 

22 minutes ago, Angela Essex said:

Hello All and Happy New Year. I’d like to book to see Nunez/Vadim in Swan Lake on 6/4 and (thanks to a birthday present from my husband) have a choice of the following seats front balcony A49, Front stalls circle A64 or Stalls D12 or M20. Which seat would afford a better view? I’m hoping some kind forum member can comment please. Thank you. 

I’d go for the front Stalls Circle - definitely not Stalls row D.

Enjoy!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Angela Essex said:

If you go on the ROH website and choose any performance, you can click on a seat number and get the stage view. Everyone has different preferences  though - some people like to be close to the stage, to see the dancers better, whilst others would choose a higher seating position, to get a better overall view of the choreography. If I can, I try and do both at some time!

• Like 1