Holiday intensives Germany!

Zara

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of intensives in Berlin! We have family there so thought we might be able to join staying with them and my DD doing an intensive course while we are there! 

Hi sillysally,

How old is your daughter?  Classes are split into 3 levels. Ballet is taught by teachers from the Ballettakademie Munich (which is one of the 5 big schools in Germany) and is Vaganova based. The upper levels are quite international. 

Edited by Crystaltip

shes in training and 18.  happy to be in an international environment.

I checked out the website and see Broeckx and are teaching the classic, do you know if artinmotion is  a separate company to Ballettakademie Munich?  Seems strange the academy itself doesn't run a course?

at 690 euros for tuition i think its quite expensive....i couldn't see the costs for lodging which hints at high costs.

i appreciate the experience can be different every year, depending on the students but at these prices i think its good have an understanding if the older training is geared towards pre-professional.  Also, its helpful to know if its a supportive and enjoyable environment to dance in or if it's more of a testing atmosphere, where the focus is on technical advancement. I'm a firm believer in only paying for Summer courses that provide an opportunity to enjoy dance, to be creative and feel motivated before the next school year.  Theres enough competition and stress in term time 🙂

On 17/04/2023 at 09:08, Dance.Mum said:

This came up in my Instagram feed - I don’t know anything about it but as it’s Germany thought it might be of interest.

https://instagram.com/youngstarsballet?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

@Zara  I was about to post, it's in Berlin! Ksenia Ovsyanik is a great principal dancer from Staatsballett Berlin, so it definitely has good quality.

Here is the website:

https://www.youngstarsballet.com/?fbclid=PAAaZ9zovL_uXJlZ0zdUHTfHklpYG7B5SWLwr5EmCksce2G_5kGntZ3f1IrT8

Edited by Sabine0308
  • Like 1