Elmhurst Summer Intensive 2023

Lislou

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, expatballetmom said:

A happy yes here too! Would anyone be able to share their experience in the junior program? It's a bit shorter than most intensives ...  what can they expect?

my daughter has been the last two years on the junior programme and really enjoyed it both times, they do a sharing of work at the end, they usually perform two ballet numbers and a jazz piece at the end, they are split into age groups, they have good fun, they have an evening of question and answers with a member of Birmingham royal ballet previously and watched a ballet film another night in the theatre. It’s a great Summer intensive and they meet new friends which is always nice for them.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, French ballet said:

Hello! My daughter has been accepted too. She's 14 and we are from France. She is super excited and so am I since I will be back in Birmingham where I lived for a year in 2000 when I was a student.

Are there other 14 year old students?

My dc will be 15 and I know a couple of their friends will be going 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OnTheMove said:

My dc will be 15 and I know a couple of their friends will be going 

Great! I'm happy my daughter will be able to both enjoy veryy good ballet training and speak English for a whole week. By the way, I see most of you use DD or DC. What does it mean? Dance children? Dance daughter?

18 minutes ago, French ballet said:

Great! I'm happy my daughter will be able to both enjoy veryy good ballet training and speak English for a whole week. By the way, I see most of you use DD or DC. What does it mean? Dance children? Dance daughter?

That’s great. I’m sure she will have a fantastic time. It’s a lovely safe environment the school. 

dc- dancing child 

dd - dancing daughter etc 

but yes as says above usually means dear as well 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

No, nothing more than the email to say they’d received the deposit. 

2 hours ago, French ballet said:

Hello!

Have you received any email from Elmhurst since you paid the 50 Pound deposit, apart from the confirmation they had reveived it?

Thank you.

21 hours ago, TinyNEDancer said:

I’ve just checked, last year we didn’t get anything else until the start of July. Results were a lot later last year though. 

Thank you. Apparently your child attended last year. Do you remember what time they were expected to arrive on the day before the SI? And what about the representation at the end? Was it on saturday morning or afternoon? I'm trying to plan things a little since we will be coming from France.

5 minutes ago, French ballet said:

Thank you. Apparently your child attended last year. Do you remember what time they were expected to arrive on the day before the SI? And what about the representation at the end? Was it on saturday morning or afternoon? I'm trying to plan things a little since we will be coming from France.

Hello, last year they could arrive between 2-4pm (anytime during those times) and the ‘sharing of work’ started at 2pm on the final day. I hope that’s helpful 😊

23 minutes ago, TinyNEDancer said:

Hello, last year they could arrive between 2-4pm (anytime during those times) and the ‘sharing of work’ started at 2pm on the final day. I hope that’s helpful 😊

Yes thank you very much! Did the "sharing of work" last a long time? Could they pack before and therefore leave rather quicly?

13 minutes ago, French ballet said:

Yes thank you very much! Did the "sharing of work" last a long time? Could they pack before and therefore leave rather quicly?

It was from 2-3.30pm and then we left straight after. They were quite keen for a quick departure from what I remember! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/04/2023 at 14:23, French ballet said:

Hello!

Have you received any email from Elmhurst since you paid the 50 Pound deposit, apart from the confirmation they had reveived it?

Thank you.

We received an email yesterday with all the info, hopefully you got yours as well. 

18 minutes ago, TinyNEDancer said:

We had an email yesterday, too, as did others I know. Perhaps you could check with Elmhurst. I think most people will only have paid the deposit so far, don’t worry about that. 

Ok, thank you. I'm going to send them a message. Is your child senior too?