Elmhurst Y7 auditions

Millicent

Just wondering if Elmhurst send out results after each of their 3 semi-final dates (for girls) or send them all out together at the end?

Also, how many usually go through to finals?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I don't know about Y7 entry - but for upper school, they wait for all the semi-finals to take place before inviting dancers back to the finals.

If you're in the first semi-final, it can feel like a long wait... (although it's actually only 2.5 weeks 🤣)

Good luck - I hope you get the result that you want

Last year for year 7 semis we auditioned on Tuesday and found out on the Friday afternoon. So about three days?
For  finals I think it took longer - from what I remember about ten days? Someone else with better memory might be able to confirm that. I think the finals were on a tue/wed and were two days and we found out the following Friday.

x

• Like 1

Also with regards to number I feel like maybe there was about 40 at finals in different groups and then after the first day they cut it down to about 25? Which in my opinion was the most brutal part and completely wrong for such young children having to go through that. We had to wait and get an email at the end of the first day which came around 5. The second day again they were split into groups (two groups I think)

Again someone might correct me on numbers! Good luck xxxx 

That sounds like a much better system - the way they did it last year with the cut after Day 1 sounded brutal. Didn't affect us personally as DC didn't apply there but I know how hard it was for some others and if you had to travel any distance/stay overnight then it was massively unhelpful. Good to hear that it sounds like they've taken the feedback on board. 

Edited by AllAboutTheJourney
Clarity

1 hour ago, AllAboutTheJourney said:

That sounds like a much better system - the way they did it last year with the cut after Day 1 sounded brutal. Didn't affect us personally as DC didn't apply there but I know how hard it was for some others and if you had to travel any distance/stay overnight then it was massively unhelpful. Good to hear that it sounds like they've taken the feedback on board. 

Yes agree - we didn’t feed back ourselves, but know a fair few people that did. It wasn’t nice, extremely nerve wracking sitting watching the emails, not knowing if another night in the hotel was needed and it didn’t help matters that the WL results came out the evening before and so there was already a lot of emotion amongst all the little DCs. I’m glad to hear they have changed it this year. Hopefully will be a much nicer experience for them all 💛My DD enjoyed it and had a lovely time with her friends but got into the car at the end of it and burst into tears, two days of not knowing what was coming next was a lot for her (and me!! 😬😂).

Oh good that sounds like a much better system to have fewer people at the final but 2 days. Any idea of how many are likely to be in the final this year? If they're not doing a cut maybe there will only be 25/30? 

They videod the auditions so I thought they might review them all at the end for any they're not sure about. 12 working days from the 17th is 2nd Feb so that's after all of the auditions. 

They have “leave out” every three weekends, when they leave at 14:45 on Friday and return on Sunday evening. They have to go home/ to a guardian those weekends. The Year 7s can go home as many weekends as they like in the first term, until their RAD lessons start on Saturday mornings in January. However, due to various factors, this year, those Saturday lessons haven’t started for them yet so they are still able to go home as often as they like so long as notice is given. Depending on how close you live, they could still go home from Saturday lunchtime until Sunday evening if they wanted to. My pupil has been going home more often than every three weekends, but not because SHE wants to! She’s having far too much fun, but her parents want her home, understandably.

2 hours ago, BalletBelle said:

The emails for the semi-final results for upper school (Y12-14) have started coming out... we received ours just before 9am.

Good luck to those waiting to receive theirs 🤞

When were those auditions? 
we are waiting for Year 7 auditions from the last 3 Tuesdays.

24 minutes ago, BalletBelle said:

@Adagio123, my daughter's was on Wednesday 18th Jan. We were told it would take up to 12 working days to hear... today is the 10th working day.

I imagine you will hear soon

Great, thank you. We weren't sure if they would come all together after the last audition date or seperately as they happened. Hope it was good news for your DC

RBS have told me there is no clash with Elmhurst finals. The dates given to the Eastleigh JAs were apparently provisional dates and they have now been changed. They haven't said when RBS finals are but there is definitely no clash.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, reading it again I'm even more confused as they are inviting us to a lunch and school tour on the second day. So maybe they just mean that the content of the day will depend on panel deliberations rather than if you will be invited back or not for day 2.

It says the itinerary for day 2 won't be emailed until 4pm on day 1 due to panel deliberations. I wonder if it means they won't know until then whether they want to see certain people again or do a repeat physio or something like that?