RAD dvd's

superbecks

If you are looking to learn the work, especially with PP and P the best way is to go to a local RAD examiner (who will also be a teacher) and ask if you can watch or even better, assist with the classes. The work has a fair few elements that are not 'set in stone' ie there are certain steps that need doing but the order and formation are up to the teacher. If you end up getting on well with the examiner, they may well be able to give you a copy of their DVD too!

If you are a parent, can you ask your childs teacher if they have a copy?

Thanks for all your replies, I am an active teacher just seem to have misplaced Primary on my laptop?? I have all the other grades and I know how respectively cheap all the other grades are in comparison that's why I begrudge paying it! I think I may have located a copy that I can borrow from a friend so fingers crossed!

• Like 1

as soon as I get any training DVD's like this i import them straight into itunes and get them on the ipod, it saves me panicking when I realise i've 'filed' the DVD somewhere safe, it also means i can sync all the staff ipods with it to save playing 'pass the DVD' ;)

One option is to use NCH's "Debut Video Capture Software", that will capture anything that is displayed on the PC/laptop screen with sound, as its on your screen its not looking at the original copywrite protection restrictions that are in place. You have the ability to highlight only the area of the screen you want to copy, the output file formats are as follows: .AVI, .WMV, .ASF,.MPG, .3GP, .MP4, .MOV, .FLV(YouTube), IPOD, PSP, iPhone, Xbox 360, Playstation 3.

However you will loose any menu selections that were present in the original software, but that can be managed on a PC by saving to small files with logical names.

NCH also has file conversion software, however it does observe copywrite protection.

Aurora: I use Videora ipod converter it runs on a Mac but i think there are PC versions available :)

DrDance: I find more and more schools use i-pods now and many staff have their own, I don't mind if staff put it on their own or borrow the schools ipods, once its in a format itunes can read you can easily transfer it to a USB pen and then the staff can copy it into their own itunes system which means that they don't have to sync with your directory all the time, many teachers i know have ipods they use for teaching, i prefer the classic ipod as it holds much more and the videos are clear but once its itunes it can be viewed on the larger screen of a computer screen anyway :)

I think we need to exercise care here as the discussion has veered into an area that we should avoid - that is the copying and distribution of copyright material.

As I understand it at present UK law does not permit the copying of cds or dvds even for one's own use (though very many people think that it does and do so). The rules are different in different countries and the situation is under review in the UK and will doubtless change.

At present copying is in breach of UK copyright law so please, no discussion of means of circumventing copy protection.

• Like 1

This document explains that a produb is needed if its for professional use which would seem to imply that you don't need a licence if its for personal use...?

Don't think your optimism is justified! Produb seems to be a useful channel through which music creators can collect their royalties and users can pay for the use of copyright material. Both parties have to be signed up. It doesn't look like a system that has relevance to personal use.