UCAS

Cabbie

Hi there, I am after some advice please. My child is hoping to go to Northern School of Contemporary to study an undergraduate degree course next year. They are also interested in The Place etc. 

However, they have always had a back up plan of pursuing an academic degree if they don't get in. Is it possible to apply for both avenues this year, or do they both have to be done via UCAS so its one or the other?

Hope that makes sense...

1 minute ago, Cabbie said:

Hi there, I am after some advice please. My child is hoping to go to Northern School of Contemporary to study an undergraduate degree course next year. They are also interested in The Place etc. 

However, they have always had a back up plan of pursuing an academic degree if they don't get in. Is it possible to apply for both avenues this year, or do they both have to be done via UCAS so its one or the other?

Hope that makes sense...

Hi.   Very valid question. 

Do the two vocational establishments request applications are done direct with themselves or via UCAS? 

If like a few vocational colleges they request application via UCAS your child can still apply for both on one application then add 3 unis for the academic choices on the same application form as there’s space for 5  choices.   

If it’s direct to the school/college then there’s nothing to stop your child completing their UCAS form with 5 Uni’s of choice and applying direct to the colleges in the usual way. 

Just ensure you meet the necessary deadlines for whichever route you take. 

Good Luck. 

Don't forget if your application is unsuccessful, you can withdraw and submit a fresh application for an academic course - either at any point in the year or once results are received.

Obviously many of the popular courses may be full, and it rules out Early Entry courses/institutions.  

Good luck!