Drop-in classes for adults in Stockholm?

MayKwok

Hello friends,

On the off chance that someone has some knowledge of classes in Stockholm....

I find myself to be in Stockholm for a week at the end of September, and I'd love to be able to do a class there.

Any recommendations of somewhere I can do a one-off drop in class?

Looking for intermediate-ish level - I've danced for 20 years but the last 7 has been very on-and-off with children and the pandemic etc.

I've also booked a ticket to see the Royal Swedish Ballet in Don Q, and I'm going to try visiting the Dance Museum as well!

Any recommendations greatly appreciated! Or if there's other resources you can direct me to, also very welcomed.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi Kate!

I'm going for work so will have some time in the evenings. I've got 2 young kids now so I can't do classes in London anymore regularly, so I find myself suddenly having child free evenings for work, I'm going to take full advantage of it!

No I've never actually been to Nina's classes. Sad time.

• alison changed the title to Drop-in classes for adults in Stockholm?
  • 1 month later...

So.... my trip has been and gone and I realised I never made a report back here as to what I did!

I ended up going to classes by https://vuxenbalettsthlm.se/ . I took the Intermediate 2 class on Tuesday.

The class:

Really lovely class by Anna Valev and light and airy studio, and a live pianist Chiaki. Live pianist! 😍

I've made it clear to Anna that I was only there for 1 day because I was there for work and I wouldn't be returning. Even so, Anna gave me LOTS of corrections. Something I was very nicely surprised by and completely didn't expect. I was lovely to feel valued and I felt definitely that I got amazing bang for my buck.

Booking:

On their official site they accept Swish, a form of payment only applicable to Swedish bank users. I emailed them and they gave me an IBAN to pay to through my bank transfer.

Getting there:

This class was held at the Swedish ballet school's premises. I found the bus that got me there and it took a bit of detective work to get to the studio.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Hi May!

That looks like a great place to take classes! I’ll be in Stockholm in a few weeks for a trip and am planning on trying it out as well. My Swedish is extremely limited (Duolingo level only!), was the class in Swedish? If so, would I be ok knowing only the basics like numbers, left/right etc since French ballet terms are pretty universal? 

@AmberM Anna actually taught in English so there wasn't really a language barrier. 

I see on their insta recently (https://www.instagram.com/vuxenbalettsthlm?igsh=MW16bndxaWVjdmFqeg==) I think they may have acquired their own premises so best double check with them location directions and timetable.

And to be honest, I attended a class in Prague some time ago where the teacher didn't speak English, only Czech, but alas ballet corrections are quite universal and with a bit of pointing,  demonstrating and good old universal ballet terminology in French, a good teacher would be able to get their point across.

Hope you'll be able to take class there, please do report back how it goes!

• Thanks 1