ROH ticket orders - no email, no upcoming events

Just to let people know about my experience - in case the same happens to them.  

I just bought some tickets for the autumn season.  Did the credit card details and had the confirmation screen appear at the end.  Then I noticed that there was no confirmation email.  Checked my upcoming events tab on my ROH account.  There was nothing there.  Emailed cusomter services to ask their advice.  Kept on checking both email and events tab.  After about 10 mins, the events appeared on the upcoming events tab.  However, some 20 minutes after the order there is still no email confirmation.  

This (quoting for the ROH email about it) was the issue last time. 

"From our records we can see that you attempted to book tickets with us on Tuesday morning as tickets opened for sale for our Summer Season.

Unfortunately, a technical error meant that some orders were inadvertently cancelled minutes after the order was attempted, and monies returned. 

This error has been fixed, but we can see that one of your orders was cancelled and you may not have realised. For example, a confirmation screen with your order number may have been displayed, but a confirmation email was never received. "

In my experience there has always been a delay between making new purchases and then for them to appear under my Events. Confirmation emails take longer to receive. And the debit to my credit card too. Though we think everything technological is instantaneous, systems take time to update and longer to ‘talk’ to one another. The delay could as easily be with Hotmail/Outlook or the credit card company as with the ROH system. 
In my experience booking with most other theatres has similar or longer time lags.

• Like 1

• alison changed the title to ROH ticket orders - no email, no upcoming events - and other Autumn 2022 booking experiences

7 hours ago, Henry said:

I just bought some tickets for the autumn season.  Did the credit card details and had the confirmation screen appear at the end.  Then I noticed that there was no confirmation email.  Checked my upcoming events tab on my ROH account.  There was nothing there.  Emailed cusomter services to ask their advice.  Kept on checking both email and events tab.  After about 10 mins, the events appeared on the upcoming events tab.  However, some 20 minutes after the order there is still no email confirmation.  

They used to say clearly (before they changed the nice booking website layout to the squiggly little thing that takes ages) that the confirmation email and events listing or e-tickets in your ROH account  won’t appear straightaway, so you should print a copy (or you could also take a photo/screen shot) of the confirmation page or write down the order number if you wanted a record of what you booked there and then. I used to take a photo of the screen (to avoid using paper to print unnecessarily) and then delete the photo once the email or e tickets have arrived. 

There are a few other venues where it takes as long as the ROH to arrive (one West End venue takes even longer) but the ticket details, prices you paid and other info usually arrives from the ROH within a couple of hours. It usually takes longer on the days that general booking or priority booking opens, but much less when it’s almost the end of a booking period. No need to panic 😊, but just make sure you don’t book a show twice by mistake. The wait is usually longest when there are loads of people all booking at the same time.

Edited by Emeralds

• alison changed the title to ROH ticket orders - no email, no upcoming events

I'm sure virtually everyone does this but, in case not, a suggestion that saved me from the infernal email merry-go-round >>

When you're logged in, your name should appear on the screen at top right, next to that basket icon.

If you click that there should be a black bar across the page with a few options to click including, on the left, 'Events'. Everything you have paid for is listed there, in 'official' format.

I have that page saved on my phone to show the usher the relevant booking details. Am I saying the obvious again?

On 27/07/2022 at 09:28, Henry said:

Same thing happened to me yesterday morning and it made me think I hadn’t booked so I booked again and now I have 2 lots of tickets for each Mayerling I wanted to see 😭