Just wondering, how do seats work exactly at the Southbank (have never been before to see a dance production). So, are front stalls very close to the stage? If so, not sure why the pictures for certain seats on the website appear to give quite a distant/far away view?

1 hour ago, art_enthusiast said:

Just wondering, how do seats work exactly at the Southbank (have never been before to see a dance production). So, are front stalls very close to the stage? If so, not sure why the pictures for certain seats on the website appear to give quite a distant/far away view?

I'm not sure where you are looking at these seat views.  Seatplan will give you the view from several front stalls seats in the Queen Elizabeth Hall (where Carmen is being performed)  and the view is definitely not distant:

https://seatplan.com/london/queen-elizabeth-hall-venue/seating-plan/

• Like 1

Guest oncnp
8 minutes ago, Bluebird said:

I'm not sure where you are looking at these seat views. 

The Southbank center website. All of the seat views appear to be from the back of the relevant section, not the actual seat itself.  Your website is much better. 

Edited by oncnp

31 minutes ago, oncnp said:

The Southbank center website. All of the seat views appear to be from the back of the relevant section, not the actual seat itself.  Your website is much better. 

Exactly. For example, this is the view from Row B as shown on the website

Screenshot 2022-05-10 at 16.02.13.png

I would avoid the seats in the front stalls that are right at the sides of the hall (lowest and highest numbered seats) - the view of the stage  is oblique. 

There is a step down between each row all the way to the front. 

Comfy seats.