Ballet classes High Wycombe/Aylesbury

Yrosered

Hi. My daughter has recently stopped vocational training after coming to the brave and difficult realisation that a ballet career isn't for her. She's back in 6th form and doing Alevels and joined a dance team at school but doesn't want to stop ballet altogether. We've found a good contemporary class locally but are struggling to find a ballet class. She is looking for a high standard with some pointe and rep work, she's not interested in exams. Does anyone know any good dance schools around Aylesbury/High Wycombe which might offer what she needs? She does need to get there by public transport which complicates things a little!

Thank you - and to everyone who has messaged me. I'll be investigating buses to Tring and a couple of other options (and encourage her to learn a drive because my chauffeuring days are over!). 

And thank you to everyone who has posted over the years about life after dance and making the decision to stop vocational school. It's been immensely helpful to read those thoughts and experiences during a very difficult few weeks. 

• Like 3

Well done to your Dd - it is such a hard decision to stop vocational training, there are lots of what ifs...  My daughter stopped vocational training for similar reasons after her GCSEs,  did A levels and is now in her 1st Year at Uni. She danced locally whilst doing her A levels as well as doing A level dance. She loved doing the local classes without the constant pressure. She dances at Uni in the dance society and has even stepped in and taken a few classes. 

• Like 1

@Yrosered - congratulations to your DD for making this brave decision.  It is so wonderful that despite giving up vocational training she still wants to dance for her own pleasure.  i hope she finds the right studio to meet her needs.  And good luck to her with the driving.  My dd didn't learn to drive until she was late 20s (well you don't really need to when you spend your life on ships do you), but when she set her mind to it she cracked on with it and passed her test first time.

• Like 1