Hello all, 

I'm sorry if this isn't the right place, but I'm an amateur collector of theatre programmes, with a particular interest in ballet programmes. I have a signed Royal Ballet programme from 1969, with 35 signatures in total, and I've been able to decipher the majority of them. 

People I have identified: Margot Fonteyn, Rudolf Nureyev, Monica Mason, Frederick Ashton, Robert Mead, Leslie Edwards, Christopher Newton, Brian Shaw, Michael Somes, Ann Jenner, Donald MacLeary, Jennifer Penney, Derek Rencher, Carole Hill, Diana Vere, Elaine Thomas, Merle Park, Christine Beckley, Ria Peri, Antoinette Sibley, Bridget Goodricke, John Lanchberry (conductor), Hilary Tickner, Desmond Doyle, Julie Wood, Michael Coleman and Ronald Hynd

People who I think have signed but I'm not too sure: Alexander Grant, Svetlana Beriosova, Deanne Bergma, Deirdre O'Connaire, Georgina Parkinson 

There are however a few that I haven't been able to identify, and I'd appreciate any help with the matter. For the photo that's hopefully (if I can work technology correctly) the lower of the two, it's the signature that starts with an O? perhaps, and has a surname beginning with B? 

There's also a few more, so if anyone can help me out with those too I'd be happy to post the photos

6B53C39A-1F97-4366-8359-D52C46A42AA1.thumb.jpeg.4973fd9e2bd386fe4ef5112108e0d0f9.jpeg4527DABD-1FB5-4E5E-99E0-10FD23DC4844.thumb.jpeg.c34d51e9f5723cc19d51a4acb4a52b14.jpeg

Edited by MaddieRose

How many different performances do these signatures cover? Perhaps not all are dancers? You’ve mentioned one conductor but perhaps another “guest conductor” 

Its trying to read the handwriting as that style was the first one we were taught at school in the 50’s but the one you asked about has a mixture it looks like Ozxil!!!! Or could be Osiel? Still trying to work out if it’s a B or not! 

The Programme itself is dated as the 10th February 1969, so presumably one performance, but not sure whether they were all signed on the same date. There's a lot of principals represented, and I don't know enough about who would be in the theatre at any given performance to say if it could come from one night. 

And thank you for Gerd Larsen James, that does seem very likely. 

The final one that I have no clue who it could possibly be is this one. Again, any suggestions would be very helpful

B8187F82-DE86-4FA0-ABDD-EC03FDC5B127.thumb.jpeg.e735aa75cd758c67c4e80209be23d8a9.jpeg

30 minutes ago, James said:

I think that’s Rosalind Eyre. 

Yes, I do too. Judging from the photos, the dancers seem to have signed in close proximity to their printed names in the programme which often happens. It ‘s a fun exercise trying to decipher signatures . 

Thank you all for your help! 

Rosalind Eyre does seem correct. 

One thing I always have to remember about these things is that if they were signed at the stage door they signatures might not always be as neat, which makes them harder to decipher sometimes. 

And as for the proximity, most have done that, but Fonteyn, Nureyev, Ashton and Mead all signed on the front page (the first page that's not an ad).