Accommodation near to the Hammond

Anita Tennant

My 18 year old daughter is starting in September on dance/musical theatre diploma. We have looked and thinking of booking the Trinity Halls for accommodation, it seems nice but I’m conscious that she may be only pupil there from the Hammond. Is anyone else staying there?

Hello Anita and welcome to the Forum!

I've moved your post out of the For Sale forum and into the more appropriate main Doing Dance forum.

We've quite a long current thread about the Hammond.  You may find some useful information in this thread and I am sure other members will be able to chip in:

On 22/05/2021 at 09:33, Anita Tennant said:

My 18 year old daughter is starting in September on dance/musical theatre diploma. We have looked and thinking of booking the Trinity Halls for accommodation, it seems nice but I’m conscious that she may be only pupil there from the Hammond. Is anyone else staying there?

My daughter in in her 3rd year at tramways, the staff have been brilliant over the last year or so through Covid, always putting activities on, checking up if every one is ok, when my DD was in isolation they offered todo emergency shops for them.  Since September my DD has been in a complete flat of 6 hammond students 2 3rd years and 4 2nd years as they have tried to restrict bubbles etc..........I can honestly say my DD will be sad to leave her flat lol oh a good thing is it’s directly next to the train station, nearest to the Hammond oh and town centre  

Thank you. We have just completed the booking for trinity halls, it is situated at the bus station. I hope she will be ok there. It’s very difficult when you don’t know anyone else who will be starting at the same time. 
would you know is there a school bus and if so where does it pick up from, can you pay for a pass for it?

sorry for all the questions 

The school bus is for Lower School students and leaves from the boarding house (which has moved since my dd was there I don't actually know where boarding is located now.)  Very occasionally it has been possible for seniors to cadge a lift (probably easier for those who have been there since they were young and know the people).  

My dd started on the diploma when she was 16 so for her first two years lived with a host family.  I am told they don't do that now for the younger ones.  When she moved into private halls for her third year she was able to drive in.  There is a bus to Warrington Road.