Different size feet

Mamaderuby

Hi. My daughter's left foot has always been a little bigger than her right foot. Now it is maybe a little more than a half size bigger than the right. Which is weird as she is 17 and I thought her feet had stopped growing years ago. In street shoes or flats it really makes very little difference, but in pointe shoes, she is either pinching on the left in her "small" shoes or stuffing up the right toe box in her "big" shoes. She had left shoe stretched (as much as satin can be stretched), not a great success. I am thinking of getting her different sized left and right pointe shoes and I was just wondering if there is any reason why I shouldn't do this? Might it affect the hip?

Yes, there are a lot of people who have to buy two different sized pairs of pointe shoes at a time because they have “odd” feet!  Luckily dd was able to get away with a heel pin in Freed, done at the same time as her other customisation, so we didn’t need to buy two different sizes.

Obviously check with a good fitter and/or teacher but I think it’s a fairly common occurrence.