RB Nutcracker on Netflix

The Royal Ballet’s production of The Nutcracker has just arrived on Netflix- I was slightly astonished to say the least, but very happy to see it!

The cast includes Anna-Rose O’Sullivan as Clara, Marcelino Sambe as the Nutcracker/Nephew, Marianela Nunez as the SPF, and Vadim Muntagirov as the Prince. I believe this is the first time this recording has been available to watch other than on DVD/Blu-Ray. It is certainly the first ballet Netflix has shown.

Well done Netflix!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Rachelm said:

The Royal Ballet’s production of The Nutcracker has just arrived on Netflix- I was slightly astonished to say the least, but very happy to see it!

The cast includes Anna-Rose O’Sullivan as Clara, Marcelino Sambe as the Nutcracker/Nephew, Marianela Nunez as the SPF, and Vadim Muntagirov as the Prince. I believe this is the first time this recording has been available to watch other than on DVD/Blu-Ray. It is certainly the first ballet Netflix has shown.

Well done Netflix!

Its also on BritBox (together with the Sleeping Beauty)

So, the ballets are scattered far and wide, which is a bit of a shame, but understandable, I suppose.  I'll leave this one up for a few days, then move it to one of the other threads if I remember (which is not guaranteed at present!).

I am also enjoying 'Dance Dreams Hot Chocolate Nutcracker' on Netflix. Debbie Allen, who was in the film 'Fame' some years ago, has a dance school and they put on a Nutcracker with lots of different styles of dance, all of which are taken very seriously. It's a bit of fun at Christmas if you feel in need of it.

• Like 1