Zoom recording - help needed!

Aurora3

Hello everyone,

as we are in lockdown until January, I am taking a few extra coaching classes per zoom. I asked the teacher to record it so I can watch my mistakes and she tried it, but it always films her instead of me probably because the music is coming from there. Can anyone help and explain how she can record ME?

I haven’t got Zoom open at the moment so stating this from memory, but if she logs into her Zoom account and clicks on the recording, there are different download options that give different views, e.g. speaker view only, speaker plus gallery (which is everyone else on the screen so perhaps that is the one she needs to download).

• Like 1

I use zoom on my laptop (a MacBook but assume it is similar for any computer).

I believe, assuming your teacher is "the host" that she could "make you the host" by looking at the participant list and selecting the option to make you the host.  You could then do the recording.  (I assume you do not use the gallery view, if you record that you would see both of you on the recording.)

What several friends and I have done before something we consider really important is to have a practise.  Have you got a friend you can connect with on zoom (obviously it doesn't have to be a dance session)?  If you host the meeting, you just need to press the record button on the menu.  Press the participant button and a list of participants should appear on the right hand side.  Experiment with making your friend the host.  Does the recording stop or carry on?  Play around till you know how it is working and then you and your teacher can employ the same technique.

BTW when you are the host and you are recording, it does take a little while to download the recording - you get both an audio and a visual recording provided.  Last time I recorded a meeting I got a link instead (I didn't ask for this it just happened!) and that was easier.

As you can see, I have been having to use zoom rather a lot recently!  It is fair to say that I am somewhat zoomed out!!

• Like 1